Blog Archive

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Vintage Ornament Christmas Wreath


Several years ago I made a vintage ornament Christmas wreath using pink,  blue,  and silver ornaments.      Sadly as the years have went by,   ornaments fell off ......broke......this type of wreath is very fragile.     I removed what ornaments were still usable from the wreath and put them in a tote a couple of years ago.
 

I decided to use a color scheme of pink and blue to decorate the family room for Christmas this year,   so I got my tote out of storage.      I gathered up more vintage pink,  blue and silver balls and made not one wreath.....but TWO.     A wreath to go on each side of the mirror above the sofa in the family room 


This year I added in some of the rag balls that match the ones I made for the tree on one side of the fireplace.


Another thing that I did different this time was to use faux diamonds to fill in gaps in between the ornaments.


I wanted to share another project I completed this week.......a make over for my big Santa head.     Last year I had a pink store bought furry hat on him......this year I made him a hat using fabric that I have in my decor in the family room.    I also blinged up the rim around his hat and the tip of it too. 
I haven't put him in his permanent home yet,  so he's just propped up on the love seat.     

I am always on the hunt for pink Christmas candles that smell good,   so I wanted to share where I found this one.    I bought it last week at Kohls........half price ($10) and it smells wonderful!     


I also have new pale blue slip covers on the sofa and love seat.       I made my simple slip covers from yard sale curtains.......they aren't fitted. 

 I just draped and tucked them in since I want to remove them after Christmas and use them for a different project.

27 comments:

  1. Your wreaths are so beautiful. I love that you made two !! They frame the sofa area so well. . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Penny....the wreaths are just breathtaking... Love them! And... the santa's hat is marvelous! I wish I could sew. But, I sure can glue rhinestones on stuff! ha... Thanks for the post, loved it! Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreaths are so very pretty. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as usual Penny. I especially love the Santa had he caught my eye immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wreaths You made are just gorgeous.
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wreaths look so pretty and festive Penny. Thanks for sharing with us at #BloggersPitStop and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I made some trees that were from old bulbs last year, but they sure didn't turn out like this! I love how you worked some texture into the wreath - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    These wreaths took my breath away!! They are simply stunning!! Love your choice of colors!! And that Santa is so adorable!! What a great job!! Thanks do much for all your visits, my friend!! And for your very kind comments! I really appreciate it!! Your decorations always inspire me!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful wreath Penny! Pinned! I would love for you to share it at The Creative Circle link party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a knockout wreath duo! They are simply beautiful - I love the idea of putting faux gems in the gaps between ornaments. These are two of the best versions of this style wreath I've seen! Beautiful work!
    Your living room is so nostalgic and romantic and inviting - a perfect spot for holiday celebrating!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wreaths are fantastic! Do you have a tutorial on how you put them together?
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just soooo pretty! Love the sparkle of the vintage ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wreath is so very pretty and creative. We are going to feature this post on the Blogger's Pit Stop. Congratulations.
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those wreaths are so incredibly beautiful Penny. It looks like something you bought in a high end store. Wow!!!!! Love your decorating style

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, as always Penny. I want to live in your home!! It is beautiful :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wreaths are absolutely gorgeous, I love the Santa too. You have a wonderful display.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your vintage wreaths are beautiful. I like the rag ball and diamond additions. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful decorations, Penny, and I just love your wreaths! The vintage ornaments make them look amazing. Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful inspiration, and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Pink Saturday, Penny. Thank you for joining us, and for always making Pink Saturday special.

    Your wreaths are absolutely stunning. Everyone loved them. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks".♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. You had me at vintage and wow, this is delightful. Shared.
    Glad I dropped by from #BloggersPitStop - you sure know how to do Christmas well.
    Thank you, a new fan. :)
    Hope this weekend treats you kindly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Penny, your wreaths are incredible. I want to make one just like them. Wish me luck! Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am featuring your wreaths at the Snickerdoodle party today.

      Delete
  22. Love this! So pretty!! Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The colors in that wreath are so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this wreath is so stunning. We just made vintage ornament trees and I know how many ornaments it takes. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!