Blog Archive

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Woodland Christmas Porch


The weather here in Eastern New Mexico is still pretty mild this time of year,    so on most nights we can sit on the porch and enjoy hot chocolate and goodies after dinner.


The porch is pretty during the day.........


But after dark is when it becomes magical!


Santa is dressed in his black and red buffalo check coat today.......


He plans to relax at his favorite fishing hole before the "big day"......lol!


Instead of presents under his tree,    he has vintage metal tackle boxes and duck decoys.....


The old minnow pail belonged to my dad.


As part of my woodland themed porch,   I have some deer scattered round.......


I had to give these two a makeover.......


New bows.......and a pink nose!


Over on the buffet by the front door I have a family of deer.......


Mama and baby........


Dad is nearby......

I had some pink plaid blankets on the gliders earlier in the evening,   but I used them to cover up with when I sat on the  wicker loveseat up by the front door.      I took some breaks while I was photographing the porch and it's a little nippy this evening. 
The wreath I have on the front door is just a simple greenery wreath,   with one cute addition....


I have a little pink tractor tucked into the center. 


The little red tractor got a makeover just like the bigger one you saw on the coffee table in the family room.
 

We live on a major street,   so most of the houses in our area decorate the outside for Christmas.
 

We didn't put up the icicle lights that we had last year......... we decorated the She Shed instead.
 

At bedtime,    I move Santa up by the door to keep him safe from any weather changes that might occur during the night.   

Merry Christmas!



16 comments:

  1. Penny, It is very pretty at your front door. I love the outdoorsy things. You are so good at making things fit what you like...the pink nose. :):) Blessings and merry Christmas to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really know how to decorate for Christmas! I love all your decorations, and it is fun to see the She Shed & your home decorated for Christmas! Enjoy your Christmas in New Mexico!

    - Natalie A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che meraviglia bellissimi addobbi!!
    Buon Natale

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I'd love to know how you made the tree out of wedding gowns without cutting? I have 2 so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the quick re-do of the deer with the bows and pink noses. How nice to be ale to enjoy the outdoor decorations. That's not really possible here in New England. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    Your home looks lovely both in the day and in the evening!! I love how you decorated the porch in a woodland theme!! Very pretty!!! I will be doing an evening tour of our home but I will be posting it after Christmas. We may actually have a White Christmas with 2-3 inches of snow here on Christmas Day!!!I am off all of Christmas this year for the first time in 34 years so I am thrilled that i do not have to go to work!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your shabby chic, pink, and cream displays at Christmas and throughout the year. Can't get enough of seeing what you'll do next. But I have to say that I really love your woodsy, outdoor, display a lot. It is so cute with Santa in his plaid coat, the tool boxes, duck decoys, and minnow bucket. You are so creative no matter what style you choose. Hope you, H, and your family have a very Merry Christmas. Looking forward to all the new displays in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely and inviting and enchanting! Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Penny! Your porch and yard is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PENNY, everything looks wonderful. I love the Santa and deer,oh...and the wooden reindeer. I hope your Christmas is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your front porch is very enchanting
    Merry Christmas!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very cute! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Woodland Santa. He looks so rugged and friendly. Truly like someone I would want to e friends with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful and festive. Visiting your blog is always such a treat!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!