Blog Archive

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Stop and Smell the Roses this Summer


Has anyone else noticed how fast the summer is flying by?     Things are so hectic around  here that  sometimes I have to stop and remind myself that  "today I will take time to stop and smell the roses" 


I walk.....sometimes pretty fast...lol!...... down the hallway to the bathrooms and utility room many many times a day,   so I decided to make my gallery wall a constant reminder to take time to  stop and smell the roses.


I printed pretty pictures of roses to look at as I stroll down the hallway.......


I also hung a new wood Antique sign above the windows.      I picked up my sign at Hobby Lobby in the 90% off isle.....what a deal!

Before.............................................................................After


I'll just let the pictures do the talking .........






I had an enamel cow hung on the headboard,   but decided I didn't like it there so this is the only photo you will see it in.     I'll find another  place for it,  so you haven't seen the last of that sweet cow!


I hung a new sign over the foot board too.


It's a metal wreath on a ship lap board.


Another good buy at Hobby Lobby.....originally $70......marked down to $35.....and then on down to $17.49


I also changed out the wreath at the end of the hallway........


I wanted a lighter look at the end of the hallway,  so I hung the ruffled wreath that I made more than 20 years ago.    It's still on of my "go to" wreaths.


Before................................................................After 

A small change can make a big difference!


What did I do with the wreath that I took down?     It found a new home on the small wall between the bathroom and one of the guest bedrooms.


You can see the wreath and the floral design in the bathroom reflecting in the mirrors on the south wall of the hallway.


I have a fresh flower arrangement under the mirrors......the hallway even smells like roses!


You saw this arrangements on the dining table in the family room just a few days ago.      The flowers are starting to dry out now and I will use the petals in potpourri later.

Don't forget to take time to smell the roses this summer!   



11 comments:

  1. It looks so absolutely lovely and vintage! Thank you for sharing:).

    www.editions-lumiere.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new sign and the beautiful rose hallway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Penny, when life happens too fast we often forget to just calm down and appreciate the small things. Love your hallway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always...I really love the Our Nest Is Best!!! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! that is an incredible hallway! beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved how you use what is a long annoying hallway, into a gallery of designs. Love the window Idea, and I think I will try and fine a couple of windows for antique family photos. Thanks again, for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Penny the summer is flying past way too fast. I love what you did with the pictures of roses and love how light and summery it looks. Thanks for sharing at our C&C with J&J!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    Yes, Summer is flying by and we have not had a good Summer as far as weather is concerned. Either too much rain or too hot with too much humidity. I am looking forward to Fall!! I LOVE all the pretty rose pictures!! Each one is stunning and I think this is my favorite out of all your hall way decor!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love roses and I love your pictures. Your décor is always amazing. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Penny! Thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday way back in July, the party is back on and hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!