Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

County Fair Ribbon Decor


It's Fair Week here in Eastern New Mexico and I thought it would be fun to add a little fair decor to the family room.


All I had to decorate with was a pillow and a hand full of ribbons,   but when I spread them around the room it looked like more.


Before...............................................................After
I am  playing with fabric! 
   I took all the blue fabric off the sofa to wash it and while I have it off,        I am playing with a pink plaid bed ruffle to see if now is the time for a new slip cover.      Which do you like the best?


Okay......back to the Fair decor....lol!


Here is the one pillow that I had with a Fair theme.......


I pinned a white ribbon to a blue and white stripe pillow to give it a fair look........


I found my fair pillow at one of my favorite local shops.......Traci's 


I added some blue ribbons to the existing decor on this side of the sofa
 

I love the white enamel sheep on this blue ribbon.......


First place in the Lamb Show


I pinned another blue ribbon to my sheep pillow


This tan ninth place ribbon found a home on the other blue and white pillow.
 

I added more ribbons to the existing decor on the other side of the sofa......


I tucked a green ribbon in the floral design that I made in a tobacco basket.


2002 6th place ribbon......


I have a sheep picture on this side to balance the sheep I have on the other side of the sofa.


This ribbon looks yellow in the photo,   but it is actually a pale green 7th place ribbon.


I had planned to make a wreath with all my ribbons,    but fair week snuck up on me and I didn't have time.


I've seen vintage Fair ribbons in antique shops,   but I picked mine up at one of my favorite little shops.....Milk House Market.     They were having a garage sale and I paid  25 cents each for my ribbons.


Here is my last ribbon..... it's bright yellow!


I hope you enjoyed this fun project and will be tempted to pick up some fair ribbons the next time you spot any!

Til next time......

19 comments:

  1. You sure like to decorate with every season and occasion! I do not have the energy or creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your ribbons, Penny. Aren't they fun? I used to love to go to the fair when I was a child...it was a whole afternoon away from the farm and so much fun!
    Have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, have you ever entered any of your creations or arrangements in the fair? You could win ribbons! I won a ribbon for a doll I made back in my crafty, younger years. Love your Fair Week decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plaid especially for fall. The fair ribbons are so sweet, but I haven't seen them since the last time I went to a fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your county fair ribbon decor. I used to live in Albuquerque and I loved the state fair. Sweet memories! Love the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower and I think I could spend hours on your blog and not be bored! I love your dust ruffle on the couch....I'm gonna dig and see if you have any tips for the fabric slipcovers. I have a super comfy (but ugly) couch that needs help!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love looking at decorated rooms like this. The country fair theme is fun. Found you on Traffic Jam Weekend link party

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the sofa on the right but either one is wondermus!!!! It is fair week in Louisville KY.
    Love the ribbons. Have many happy memories of growing up just 1 block from where the fair was held. Used to go every day. Love all your posts. You inspire me to change my décor more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't believe I've ever seen someone decorate with Fair ribbons, but what a neat idea Penny. And they must make for such interesting conversation pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am astonished by the way you have maintained your home it looks so beautiful just like some fairy house. Lovely decor

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute. Where did you find a white recliner? We got new ones and of course they are brown. I love all your ribbons. Thanks for linking to Keep in Touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, The white recliners are a special order at Lazy Boy. It takes about 6-8 weeks to get them in, but it was well worth the wait! hugs....

      Delete
  13. I love those pillows! That little goat with the blue ribbon made me giggle. He's so cute! Thanks for sharing at the Make Life Pretty Monday link party! Hope to see you again Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where DO your ideas come from??? This is fantastic! I am totally in love with it.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPS! I totally forgot to say that your fair decor is one of my features next week on OVER THE MOON LINK PARTY which goes live on Sunday evening at 5pm central. Stop by to see your feature and link up again!

      Delete
  15. Penny,
    So imaginative!!Love the county Fair ribbons....
    What really caught my eye are the lamps that are on the 2 tables!! Stunning!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun way to decorate using fair ribbons! I would have never thought to do that and would have walked right past these. You found a great way to tie it all in with those cute pillows.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!