Blog Archive

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Mirrored and Lit Christmas Cabinet



As if the lit cabinet in the family dining room isn't packed to the max already,     I always squeeze in some Christmas decor in any little empty space I can find!


This Christmas pickin's were pretty slim  to find a place to set something else in the cabinet,     so I decided to dig out my Mark Roberts collection of  small fairies and squeeze them in.       It's been a couple of years since they've made an appearance in my holiday decorating,    so it was their turn to shine.


And shine they did.......lol!      With the lights and mirrors it is difficult to photograph the cabinet without getting a lot of glare.......AND......try to keep myself out of the the reflection in the mirrors.


I took lots of pictures,    so you might want to grab a cup of coffee and have a seat!


I'm going to let you just scroll down and enjoy the pictures without a lot of chatter from me.........












I bet you wondered how long I could be quiet......lol!    Not long as it turns out!   

You can see the lights on the fireplace mantel reflecting in this photo......




This photo is taken thru the chandelier that hangs over the dining table in the family room.




  











I hope you enjoyed the tour of my Christmas cabinet .........


I guess the Christmas season has officially opened!  






9 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOWWW HOW BEAUTIFULLLLL
    MVG GINA BELGIUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness......absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now want to paint all my furniture white - to show off the subtle beauties in our house. Well done. Great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    I love those sweet fairies in that beautiful cabinet!! They added just the right touch of Christmas whimsy!! So sweet!! I have had quite a few interesting weeks. First I find out my department is closing and reopening as an acute Med. Surg. department. I have not worked Med Surg in 36 years...At first, they were going to just throw us into it but now the department is closed for a few days and they are giving us Inservices and orientation on another Med Surg floor. Then there was Thanksgiving with the family and you know I always have them over for all Holidays. Thank God I was off...And my son Jim and his long time love Danielle have decided to get married!!! NEXT WEEK!!! I had to switch so I could be off the night before!! Thanks Goodness Joe was already off because of a Dr.s appt. It is just a simple ceremony at the Magistrates but we are having a lobster dinner here afterward. I don't know if I am coming or going!! And I am behind in my decorating with all of this going on!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    How beautiful your fairies are. They add extra love and spirit to the season. It's the simple things that make life special and you have done it with your fairies and white painted furniture. I love white furniture. I love blue like you love pink. Everything in my house would be blue and white if I had time to repaint all the furniture and recover the rest. I like the clean feel of the beach and nautical theme as they are simple. Oh, I meant to tell how much I love your pink roses. When I was growing up we would go to this one aunt's house that had roses all the way around her front yard growing on her fence. She always let me pick a bouquet and take them home with me. The smelled heavenly. Every time I see your dishes, it reminds me of her yard and I can smell the roses again.
    You have made my day again. Thank you, thank you.
    You are special.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cabinet is especially pretty, Penny. Always look forward to your posts, even though I wasn't able to comment for over a month and a half. Next week I will start. We aren't having Christmas so ---only what I can't live without will decorate our home this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every thing is so beautiful I always love all the things you do.
    Thanks for linking up to Bloggers Pit Stop hope to see you next week.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Penny that's so lovely. All those endless reflections of beauty in the glass and the way it's been lit makes it look like a display cabinet in a fairy tale store. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!