Blog Archive

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Farmhouse Valentine Banner



I am so excited to share the Farmhouse Valentine banner I made today to hang across the lit display cabinet in the family room.


Not only did I make a banner,    if you look closely you can get a sneak peek of the heart wreath hanging on the door in the entry  that I'm working on now.


I found some cow faces and other Valentiney prints on Pinterest and just printed them out on my home printer.

I just love to make paper banners.......they are such an easy project.


I apologize for all the glare on my photos,       


it's almost impossible to photograph anything in or on the lit cabinet and not get a ton of glare!


For the base of my banner,    I used a premade banner that I bought at Hobby Lobby in the Christmas isle this year.     I used small pink clothes pins to attach the Valentine pieces that I made in the spaces between the existing metal farm animals on my premade banner.


In between the cow pieces I made for the banner,     I have a couple of hearts with a pink barn on them.     All the pieces I made have a black and white buffalo check pennant  in common.


I tied a black and white buffalo check ribbon on each end of the banner and used that to hang it on the doors.


The premade banner has a  metal pig,  chicken,  cow,  sheep,  dog,  and horse on it


Now,     I need  to get back to work on the heart wreath I have hanging on the closet door in the entry......


Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit,     come back soon!












13 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Penny. Your new banner looks fantastic. You're always so inventive
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    I always admire your banners... This is something that I will have to try when I find some time!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite things is to use something I got on sale after a holiday as part of décor for another holiday. Your banner is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun peek into your China cabinet...delicous---you have so many LOVELIES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, I love this banner! I am so happy you posted right before me since I am checking out the post of the blogger who posted right before me. I am getting a great variety of posts. Happy Crafting, Kippi #kippiathome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely farmhouse banner to go with your beautiful home. Every time I see your posts I am so envious! Thanks for linking up with us at #OMHGWW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness! I absolutely LOVE your banner and would like to feature it at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. how super cute , i love the valentine banner with a farm flare Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I just love your farmhouse banner. it is so adorable. Your place always looks so amazing.
    Please stop by Thursday Favorite Things since you are being featured.
    https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2019/01/thursday-favorite-things_24.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making your own banner is such a good idea I’ve never even thought of! I love the cow prints too. I’ll have to check out Pinterest for some more ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever, fun and beautiful banner! Love the mix of pink with black and white. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute Penny! I featured this post at this week's TFT party. Thanks for sharing!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/valentines-day-ideas-to-love-at-thursday-favorite-things/

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!