Blog Archive

Monday, June 17, 2019

Romantic Farmhouse Decor


I love all styles of Farmhouse decor....... French,  shabby chic,  rustic,  coastal,  industrial,  modern,  traditional,  all and any of them......   but  my favorite is Romantic Farmhouse.


Since I keep the doors closed on my lit cabinet,    I only need to clean it a couple of times a year.     I cleaned it right before Thanksgiving so it was about time to do it again.


I don't always take the existing decor out and start with a clean slate,   but I did this time.
 

I shopped the house to get all the Romantic farmhouse decor to fill each shelf in my cabinet.


The only thing new is the banner that I made to hang across the front of the cabinet.


To give the cabinet a fresh look,   I moved the long metal Antique sign from the center of the cabinet to the wall on the left end.   I replaced it with the horse print and the hand painted Roses for sale sign. 


In this photo,   you can see what I had hanging at the end of the cabinet earlier.


Debi Coules is one of my favorite artist and I filled my cabinet with all of her prints I could find around the house.


Then,   I hung  the Romantic farmhouse banner that I made.








I took some pics of the other end of the cabinet before I closed the doors and hung my banner.


Then,   I shut the doors and hung the rest of my banner on this end.



 

I set the new rose painting on the floor that I found over the week end at a yard sale......
   

$5......what a steal!


Now I need to create a Romantic farmhouse floral design for the table!

I always enjoy your visits so much,  please come back soon!

16 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Love your sweet banner!! Love the rose painting and you are right about it being a steal for $5.00!! The inside of the cabinet looks so pretty!! So many lovely things!!
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft, clean look. It's easy to start to clutter up cabinets as time goes on--and cleaning is a good excuse to freshen and get Great results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a nice, large china cabinet. Where do you find all of the lovely graphics for your banners? I've been looking for farm animals, similar to these. Will you please share your source?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Sounds like you have had some fun garage saling. I do love your gem you found in the rose print. It is fun to shop your own home and find what you had forgotten or put somewhere else. You do have a lovely home. I love the beautiful horse picture. I grew up with Quarter Horses and they were always my pals. Animals are so wonderful and such a blessing. The banner is so charming and adds so much to your cabinet.
    Thanks for all your talent and sharing with all of us.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I must make one of these banners!!!! I see some things I already have such as the Shabby Art Boutique kit, but my question is how did you actually put the animal pictures on the banner pieces? It looks like some are on an oval. We would love to see how you make your beautiful romantic farmhouse banner! Your home is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Romantic Farmhouse. You have make it looks so darling. That cabinet is amazing. Your banner is precious. The sign looks cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Penny, everything looks so charming
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cabinet is beautiful and styled perfectly. I love the banner it adds even more romance.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a gorgeous cabinet! I love all your decor. The colors are so soft and romantic.
    #embracingchangelinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing!!! Your banner is so lovely, even the farm animals look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your banner, but the Rose Painting for $5.00 is everything! I love a bargain. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the banner! $5!!! What a steal!!! Everything looks lovely as usual!!!

    Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling banner and lovely display, Penny! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I love your decor Penny and I always love seeing what you make from the monthly kit. The farmhouse banner is a true delight!!
    Thank you for sharing your banner and farmhouse decor at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your home at tonight's party and pinning too.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, could you please tell me where you got the pink envelope. I absolutely love it!! Is it galvanized

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!