Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Lingering Days of Summer


Our expected high  here in Eastern New Mexico for today is 77 and it will cool down to 60 this evening.    Although there is a definite feel of fall in the air,    I plan to enjoy the lingering days of summer as long as I can!


Late summer....early fall is a wonderful time to open the doors in the sun room and bring the outside in......


Or better yet,   sit out on the back porch and enjoy the cool summer evening. 


The back porch really comes to life after dark.......


I love it the most at dusk when the lights are on but it's still light enough that you can see the yard 


The plants are at their peek this time of year.....


Our New Mexico creeping vine has covered the fence that separates our yard from the neighbors


Now I'll get H & I a after dinner cocktail and we'll sit on the porch awhile.....

8 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Your patio looks lovely and the lights are so charming! We have actually been having similar weather and have been enjoying sitting out on the front porch in the evenings.I hope this type of weather continues into the Fall and we do not have anymore of the heat and humidity that we had all Summer!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always something so pretty to enjoy at your house. I love your back yard views. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty Penny. I now we have had our windows open for like 4 days and it's heaven! The Cicadas are still screaming---so it must still be a bit warm. One night it got down to 60 and they were groaning, LOL. Have a great relaxing porch time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture is amazing, it looks like you are entering a secret garden. Beautiful as always. Have a wonderful cool day. Here in Wisconsin we hit the low 50's last night, love this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Penny, I have the front door open at work enjoying the beautiful morning cool air. I do love, love, love your sun room and patio at dusk. What a beautiful picture of life that gives all of us. This is one of two favorite times of the year. My flowers are at their peak. I have beautiful fuschia 4 o'clock with deep purple morning glories growing across them as they have their own mind, red and white impatients, geraniums, cosmos in shades of pink and pink zinnias and much more.
    I love the Spring for its beautiful flowers. We are really blessed to have such beauty in Colorado. There are lovely lavender farms on the Western side around Grand Junction. They have a big Lavender Festival in July every year. Peaches and Apples over there in abundance with great festivals. Estes Park in the Northern mountains which is a wonderful visit in the Summer time. We have wonderful Northern neighbors of Wyoming where they have preserved the old West. This is the time to visit these wonderful places. Don't wait past September as the snow could catch you off guard.
    I love you sharing with us about your part of New Mexico. We have so much to share with each other.
    Thank you a million times.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it is still in the 90s here in Texas, how I would love some weather in the 60s and 70s! Thanks for sharing your pretty outdoor space at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!