Blog Archive

Monday, October 21, 2019

Inside my Fall Shed


The little shed H built out in the back yard was originally a potting shed / greenhouse.    Over the years,   it has become much more than just that......it is a place where H & I can relax and enjoy the sun on cool fall days.    There is a big fan in there,   so when we are working in the yard on a hot summer day we can step in there and rest where its cool.


I haven't finished decorating the outside of the shed for fall yet,    so today I'll just share the inside.


Come on in........


I created a harvest theme in the shed this fall


This vignette represents "Wheat Harvest"


 "Fall Fruit Harvest"








The brass coal bucket is filled with cabbages and greens.


Another coal bucket is filled with cotton bolls.     We have lots of cotton fields in our area and the cotton is being harvested now


Let's take a look at the other side of the shed......


I have a third coal bucket filled with pears.    The coal buckets are a recent yard sale find   ($20 for all three)     


Does anyone remember the gold metal wheat sprays that we used to hang on the wall in the fall?


I can't describe how wonderful the shed smells today.     I have a peach candle lit and also an apple one.     I could sit in here all day!


I made a nest for my fall pheasant in an old metal trough.


Thanks for stopping by for a tour of the fall shed......please come back soon!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely, Penny! So nice that you have a great place like the shed - it's really pretty! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and cosy looking. I love those stripped cushions. Happy Fall. Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my for the eyes to see so much! I love the weathered pumpkin, where did you find it?
    You are putting all the special fall touches to your shed, they are all wonderful and I appreciate that you have shared on #omhgww. I hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Penny, It's like a wonderland in your little potting shed. I love the pheasant,coal buckets, just everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fun you and Mr H have together. You are so blessed in many ways. Thank you for sharing your bounty with all of us. It's like Thanksgiving Day everyday for us.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Penny
    After following your posts for sometime I got enthused this past Spring and took a 10x10 metal shed we used for storage in the back yard and moved my Potting Cottage in.Since it was dark...my hubby cut a big picture window in the sunny side in it and that helps me eith ober wintering since we have snow here in Nevada. Still will need a small heater but I have that covered.
    I Have adored it and spent many an hour studying planting instructions and seed catalogs in it...plus I got busy and made it mine with sensational Victorian decor. You my dear friend are a great inspiration
    I can"t wait for Christmas!
    Blessings and love...
    Stefeni ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have a beautiful shed like that! You may have just inspired me to turn my garden shed/cabin into one out here.. Great posts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Cheryl's "she-shed" has a lot to live up to!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fall shed is beautiful Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the neutral fall pallet. so elegant yet cozy. I need a beautiful little escape like this!

    Thank you for linking up w Creative Muster! Many blessings to you. xoxox Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cozy spot! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny,
    Love the Wheat Harvest and Fruit Harvest idea...
    Everything looks so pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's featured this week. Go check it out. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and filled with amazing treasures! Thanks for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely Penny. Thank you for sharing your gorgeousness over at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!