Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Winter Vignette on the Water Trough Buffet



Last summer,   H married our old water trough with a vintage singer sewing machine stand to create a buffet for the sunroom.    After Christmas,    I was excited to create a winter design on it to share with you guys!






The star of my vignette is a sheep canvas that I recently picked up at Hobby Lobby.      I used to only decorate with sheep in the spring,   but now I use them year round.


I placed a winter garland in front of my picture and added some sheep and white pine cones to it.


I love my winter sheep all dressed in her pink scarf and ear warmers! 


On the other side of my picture I have decorated the garland with more pine cones and sheep.



For the final touch,   I hung a snow ball garland across the front of the buffet and added some wintery decor to the shelving units on each side of the buffet.     

It's sunny and in the 50's for the next few days here in Eastern New Mexico.   but we have snow predicted for Sat. and Sun.    We don't get much snow in our area,   so I'm pretty excited that we may have a chance for snow over the week end....







 

5 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love the water trough and the sewing machine base!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! you are so creative and I love how you think outside the box. lots of great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute ! Hope you got snow so you could make real snow balls ! Have a happy day ! J:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sheep picture. I have added several more sheep to my 2 Nativity sets. I scored part of a Fontanini Nativity set (minus the Holy family) at Goodwill which gave me 3 tan sheep to add to my white sheep (and one black one!). Not to mention more Wise Men and shepherds! Living in Maine, I added a flocked moose to the camels and some black bears among the shepherds but I think I'm the only one who sees them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sheep canvas is darling! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!