Blog Archive

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Creating a Bird Sanctuary in our Back Yard

 

H & I have been busy this spring organizing and simplifying the look of our back yard.


I've decided to turn the corner into what I am going to call a Bird Sanctuary.....


I've always stored the collection of birdhouses in this small area in the SE corner of our backyard.    I have a large collection.....part of them came from my mothers collection and the rest I have picked up at yard sales and the auction.    This corner has turned into quite a mess and I hope to organize my birdcages and create the look of a Bird Sanctuary.


The lattice work fencing that we've had up in the corner needed to be replaced and we decided to give the corner a cleaner look by not replacing it.    
 

Taking down the lattice work really gave our corner a simplified cleaner look that I really like
 

I hung a framed garden flag on the door and and put my birdhouse silo in the vignette....


The flag has sweet birds and cosmos on it so I planted a tub of Cosmos to act as my chair's seat....


I placed a small garden chair under the birdhouse and filled a white enamel pan with Cosmos to sit on the seat of my chair.      Ferns,   geese,   ducks,   and potted plants complete the look I was trying for on the front of the corner
 

Now   I need to decorate the inside of my backyard corner   I can't wait to share how I transformed all those messy birdhouses/ birdcages into a sweet bird sanctuary!
 



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and awesome area to sit and enjoy nature, with a cuppa coffee and a book.
    I visited you via Saturday Sparks Link Party 565
    If not already part of SSPS, and are interested, find my entries: 28-29
    You will find the linkup information (1) In the Top bar under Blogging: Weekly Senior Salon Pit Stop (2) In the sidebar: Click on 2nd image
    We hope to meet you there virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bird sanctuary is amazing, I love how you've created such a beautiful space with all your vintage bird cages, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!