Blog Archive

Monday, May 1, 2023

How I store my Patriotic Decorations

 


I have an area in my studio that I have designated as storage for my Patriotic decorations.


I get out my red white and blue around Memorial Day,    July 4th,   and Labor Day.......in fact....I have been known to leave it up all summer!  
 

I have quite a few small decorations that I refer to as tabletop decor and those things can be stored easily in the locker compartments
 

With all the flags and banners that I put out around the holidays,   I am able to fold the fabric decor and stack it on the shelves in the lockers.


I have Patriotic paper prints that I frame and use as decor in the house.....can't use them outside,   but they work well inside.


 Pillows are one of my "go to"   decorations for holidays and seasons.    You can' t get more bang for your buck than you can by only buying pillow covers..... and the covers take up so much less room to store than big stuffed pillows!


I only have one small Patriotic quilt.....they take up a ton of room to store.......so I put it front and center in my vignettes to get the biggest bang for my buck 


Our son was a Cheerleader for NMSU and I kept his megaphone as a keepsake.    I've used it many times in my Patriotic vignettes.   I love to fill the top of it with flags and other sparkly things
 

I don't have many big pieces of Patriotic decor because it takes up so much room to store it.....
 

I did make an exception for the pedal car Firetruck that H picked up on one of our antiquing trips.....
 

I've used his firetruck many times over the years in my Patriotic decor......and my all time favorite vignette has to be the one I created in front of the greenhouse for a 4th of July party we were hosting in our back yard. 
 
 

H still has the first Dress uniform that was issued to him many years ago when he was in the Air Force.....and I think the giraffe is the perfect "mannequin" to display it on.      Makes me smile every time I come into the studio! 
 







 



1 comment:

  1. I love your lockers Penny, did you install the shelves or purchase them that way? I have been on the look out for lockers, but wasn't sure how I wanted to display them. Can I just come and shop your home? Ha! Love your patriotic decor, you always have a way of decorating your home in a welcoming way.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!