Blog Archive

Monday, July 31, 2023

Hoosier Cabinet




I recently took down all the tea pots and cups that were on a shelf over the pass thru opening.          


 After everything was washed.....I couldn't bring myself to put all that stuff waaay back up there!       It''s   too much work and and I've bumped my head on the ceiling many times.....lol!.


I didn't know what I was going to do with it all....put it in a tote and take to storage ?     


I decided to move all the small appliances out of the Hoosier and put my tea pots and cups in there!


Here is how I decorated around the flour bin that in the Hoosier.....


It's was quite a challenge to get everything on the two small shelves in the Hoosier.      


I decorated the inside of the cabinet doors with Tea prints.....


I displayed my pink monogramed lace napkins in the Hoosier    

What exactly is a Hoosier?   
  
 A Hoosier is a type of cupboard or free standing kitchen cabinet that also works as a workstation.     You have to remember back then,    there weren't many built in cabinets in the kitchens.
 

This is where I have my coffee in the mornings and plan my day.....


Instead of tucking notes in my pocket pillow,    I am using it as a greenery planter for a change

Here' s the view of our backyard from my chair.    Our neighbor across the alley has big bushes of Crape Myrtle  peeking out over his fence.....they smell heavenly....similar to lilacs.....



2 comments:

  1. Genius planter! I love it. Your Hoosier cabinet looks great with the tea pots and cups. I always enjoy seeing what you will do next. I enjoy the romantic vibes your home has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the teacups over the pass through Penny, but the vignette in the hoosier is equally as pretty.
    Thank you for sharing your gorgeous décor changes at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather party this week. I'm delighted to be featuring this post at the party tonight and pinning too!
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!