Blog Archive

Monday, December 24, 2012

Empanada's for Christmas

Empanada's!!!!  My family loves these little apricot filled fried pies!  We made these this morning and will have them for dessert tomorro...



We filled these little pies with the frozen apricots that we gathered from the tree in our grandaughter's yard last summer...

My grandmother and my mom used to make these for special occasions...

They are wonderful with a cup of  coffee or tea....maybe a dusting of powdered sugar or a  scoop of vanilla ice cream.  And I always have a bowl of warm apricots on the table just in case you want a little more fruit on top!    

I hope your holiday is filled with old traditions that bring back warm memories of Christmas past...

4 comments:

  1. Penny,
    They look wonderfully delicious!!
    I do sort of a traditional Polish Holy Supper for Christmas Eve .. Pierogies, whole buttered potatoes, mushrooms, Scallops, shrimp and chicken fingers for Joey who won't touch fish if his life depended on it!! LOL!! Tomorrow is Turkey, stuffing, ham, keilbasi, gravy and corn, mashed potatoes.....
    I too have enjoyed getting to know you and becoming friends this past year.
    It is always a Blessing to find someone with similar tastes .
    I have greatly enjoyed seeing how you decorate your home and my visits to your blog ALWAYS puts a smile on my face, my friend!!
    As you commented before on my blog, can't wait to see what we come up with this coming year!!!
    Have a wonderful Christmas, Penny , with those you love!!!!

    Many Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm....they look delicious!!!Again...Merry Christmas!!!!
    With love
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look so so good !
    I wish you a merry Christmas !!
    xoxo
    ...…………✫¸.•°*"*°•. ✫
    ..……….★✫★
    ..…….★✫✫✫★
    …….★★✫✫✫★★
    .…★✫★✫✫✫★✫★
    ..❤JOYEUX NOEL❤
    ❤★joelle★❤

    ★❤★

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!