Blog Archive

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dollar Tree Decorating for Valentines Day

There are so many great ways to decorate on a budget!  This first idea is a Valentine crown.  I added a heart to a birthday crown that I purchased at the Dollar  Tree.  Then, I embellished it with sheet music, buttons and lace.  There are several crowns in a package.  You could make a personalized crown for each little girl at a birthday party.  OR, have the supplies on hand for each one to decorate their own crown at the party.


PIN MEme
She is a perfect decoration for my night table... 
And is right at home in our Valentine bedroom.

The next project is just a simple box from the Dollar Tree that I added a fabric rose and a lace bow to....

I put the box with a collection of romantic items on the coffee table...

that is in front of the fireplace.

My next project from the Dollar Tree is a garland made from candy .....

I strung  the candy on to string and draped it around the Valentine tree in the entry way...

It looks so "sweet" with all my vintage valentines...

These are valentines that my mother got for valentines day in the 1930's....

a few even belonged to my grandmother...



My last project from the Dollar Tree is a birthday party hat.  You get several in the package, so they are very inexpensive to use for Valentine decorating...

I covered it with pink polka dot paper and added some lace.  My vintage Betsy Wetsy is ready for the Valentine party!

I am excited to be joining Debbie for her Dollar Tree Valentine Decorating Party.  Pop over to the party to get some budget friendly decorating ideas!

http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/
/
The Thrifty Groove
http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://whipperberry.com/2013/01/friday-flair-link-party-chocolate-mousse-edition.htmlhttp://www.craftyscrappyhappy.net/2013/01/dog-days-of-winter-thrift-it-link-party.html#wrap
Happy Hour Projects
Keep Calm
Truly LovelyBlissful and DomesticThe Shabby Nest
Liz Marie Blog
PhotobucketAdorned From Above
buttonChic on a Shoestring DecoratingSimply Designing
Weekend Bloggy Readingfive days five ways | feature friday free for all504 Main
DianaRambles.comTruly Lovely
See Vanessa Craft

The Chicken ChickFunky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialSixSistersStuff.com
Lil\'Luna Beyond The Picket Fence

25 comments:

  1. I have my Betsy Wetsy also!! Great job of decorating on a budget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    So cute!! Loving the pink tree!! I have one that I use for Easter.
    This is my bad week where I work 3 days , have one off and then work 3 more so I don't get too much done. All I have left to de- Christmas is the Den and then I can start V Day decorating and some inside Winter decorating. I am off for 3 days over the weekend so I hope to get that all done then.....

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny! Everything is just adorable! I need to hit the dollar stores soon to do a little V-Day decor as well. I love the pink tree! Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Valentine' s items are gorgeous, my dear Penny. Everything is fantastic and romantic. I love especially the Valentine' s tree...amazing!!!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Valentine bedroom is so.......well.....romantic. It's just beautiful as is your pink tree. I'm swooning over that. The Dollar store is one of my favorite places to shop. I'm visiting from Thrifty Things Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You come up with the most creative decorations-I always look forward to seeing what's new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretties, as usual, Penny..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the vintage valentine's cards on your tree, Penny, and also the little pink buttons that you used to edge the hearts with on the crown--pretty! So nice to hear from you over at my blog today--thank you for your sweet words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dollar Tree decorating is lots of fun to see!!! I can't believe this is from the Dollar Tree! love your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coming to you from the DT Party... Love the Valentines Crown! And the Valentines Tree is so cute! The candy garland is a neat and creative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I want that tree. How darling Penny. Your whole place looks darling. Thanks for sharing with the party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Penny, how adorable everything looks. I love the doilies and your bedspread is gorgeous. Nice job! I love your decorating style. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Penny ... you did a fantastic job of decorating with stuff from the Dollar Store. I need some of your imagination.
    Happy days,
    Audrey Z.
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely bedroom. It reminds me of my Mom's bedroom. Her bed is up against her windows also and she has a lovely rose quilt. Such a pretty soft and lovely setting for a bedroom. Thanks for sharing such loveliness at my party. So glad you came back this week. Your friend, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable....I love the vintage valentine cards and all the decorations on the Valentine tree. LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely Penny! Love, love, love that pink tree!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the roamance of your blog. I have subscribed today- really beautiful ideas.,. OK ladies where did you find a small pint tree. I have a smallhouse so I only put up a short tree. I would love a pink one and an aqua blue tree. The one pictured is perfect. Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do not decorate anymore for special days. I do truly enjoy seeing what others do tho.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed the ideas you have shared here. So many to use for a sweet girl's valentines day party!
    Hugs,
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh sweetheart, you know I adore these pretty pink Valentine's you fluffed up!!!! So darling!!!! xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  21. How beautiful!

    Hopping from Pink Saturday.
    Here's MINE, your comment is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Çok güzel bloğunuz,bayıldım.Word press kullanıyorum,sizi izliyorum.Sevgiler.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!