Blog Archive

Monday, January 28, 2013

Our "New" Front Door

The front door is now painted a color that reflects my style!  H painted the door white and the frame and hardware black...I love it!

Here are some photos of the work in progress...
It lightened up our entry way so much....

While we had everything moved out to paint, we cleaned and changed the furniture.  The "new' white mirror used to be gold and was in the formal dining room.   The entry was a little dark and the addition of the mirror brings more light in.  I had a tea cart here before and a wreath on the wall.
I decorated our French drying rack for Valentines.  I had it in the kitchen at Christmas decorated with Christmas food and fairies.... 

I decorated the french drying rack with tassels and hearts...and anything else I could find!

Some red roses on a bed of pearls..

I used a victorian covered box for the "tree" topper...

I wanted to show you this beautiful beaded hanging thingy that my aunt made me many years ago...she  is gone now and I treasure this piece that she made for me!  Oops..couldn't get the picture without me in it!


You may remember this vintage postal box from the.....

kitchen!  I told you...I've moved everything that wasn't nailed down!  

This is the wall behind the front door...I had some fur coats hanging here at Christmas.

  I can't wait to show you the last wall in the entry way that we changed!


http://rainonatinroof.com/2013/07/summer-spruce-up-series-front-door-entry-party/


http://faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftberrybush.com/2013/01/the-inspiration-gallery-number-21.html
http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2013/01/fabulously-creative-friday-linky-party_31.html
http://tidymom.net/
http://www.craftsalamode.com/
http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2013/02/its-party-time-linky-party-18-features-and-an-announcement



A Bowl Full of Lemons
PhotobucketTip Junkie
The DIY DreamerA Diamond in the Stuff
Vintage On A Dime
 
Lil\'Luna

Ivy and Elephants
{Primp}
Join the fun here each Wednesday!Adorned From Above

Semi Homemade MomPhotobucket
The Well Crafted Home


52 Mantels
A Crafty Soiree

Photobucket shabby creek cottageBeyond The Picket FenceHookingupwithHoHThe 36th AVENUESomewhat Simple

Thursday Favorite ThingsThursday Favorite Things
Made in a Day
buttonGrab a Bloom Button
Photobucket
Craft Junkie Too
Keep CalmBlissful and Domestic

button
One Artsy Mama504 Main
The Shabby Nest
SixSistersStuff.comFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
PhotobucketIt's OverflowingOr so she says
Manic MotherI Heart Nap TimeSeasonal Sunday Teapot copyLife on Lakeshore Drive

mop it up mondays
One More Time EventssewchattyMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #60 and a bel monili Giveaway!MixitupKeeping It SimpleBoogieboard Cottage
TDC Before and After
UndertheTableandDreamingThe Chicken ChickMod Vintage Life



37 comments:

  1. Ooh, I do love your door change! And your white vintage, shabby style is so lovely. I moved furniture yesterday and it does look fresher in here. Yours looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Our front door is similar and I want to paint it. It made a huge difference in your foyer. Love all the changes you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    Again, SOoooooooo pretty!! I love the front door. 2 of my neighbors recently had the same door installed only in the dark wood. Someday I would love to get one like that but ours is only about 12 year old so I have to keep it for awhile and it is one of those Forever doors to boot!
    As I said before..... you have been a busy bee!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Penny. I love it white and the black hardware looks amazing.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the door change, Penny. It looks great. I can't wait to see your other wall, too- xo Diana ps...what are you doing with all your spare time? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You door is so pretty and I love the color!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. La puerta ha quedado perfecta al igual que este post con las fotos tan impresionantes que siempre pones. Por cierto, el colgante de cristal es maravilloso.
    Abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  8. The look in white of your front door is fantastic but everything is amazing in your home!!!! Your decors for S.Valntine' s Day?!...very very romantic. I saw also the previous post...gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! What a wonderful transformation... Great looking entry... :)
    ( I like the filing cabinet...! )

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! You seriously have the most beautiful and welcoming home I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny, I love your new front door. So pretty in white! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have the same door...love it in white! And your vintage postal box is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny, Your new front hall decor is so pretty. It was a great idea to put the mirror and postal drawers there too! I loooove the white beaded hanging thingy (heehee) that your aunt made!! It seems you inherited her good taste and style. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny, your door and decorations are gorgeous!! Amazing how a small change can completely transform something! The white door with black hardware suits you and your style so well! Looks pretty!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny,
    You have to copy the exact link to the specific WOW Us Wednesday party post. It can't be just a link to her blog itself. That is what I had to do with each of the post's i linked up. I think it is a pain in the you know what... Let me know if it doesn't work...

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried copying the link that said "party 103" etc...and that still didn't work. I even tried putting it up in the body of my post. Maybe it's something with my blog, but it's funny that I can link up everywhere else!!!...thanks for all your help! Hugs, Penny

      Delete
  16. I love your entryway because it gives of a very classic appeal. Your home can easily host a tea party. Haha! Also, the new door plus the additional designs suit your style. And, I think the soft colors and vintage decors gave the room a romantic feel. You’re definitely ready for Valentine’s Day! =)

    Regards,
    Vernie Herr

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks beautiful and I love the door!
    Visiting today from the Adorned from Above hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...nice job! I rent so I cant redo my doors and walls, but oh if I could, it would look pretty like yours!!!
    Thanks for joining my party!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the white door. I recently painted mine red. I am hosting a link party and would love it if you would check it out. Thanks.

    http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have so many pretty treasures, Penny. They look amazing no matter where you put them! The mailbox piece is my favorite. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your door is lovely as is your entry. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo P.S. the new giveaway started yesterday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The door looks fabulous. I love, love, love the vintage postal box and the gorgeous mirror. Looks beautiful!!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  23. The new white color is so bright and pretty. Lovely makeover. Thanks for sharing, have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Front Door and gorgeous photgraphy!

    Carol of: (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Penny, love the lighter color on your door. I can see that it would brighten things up. I have a beautiful wooden door. I would love it a color, but hubby would gasp at the idea. Maybe down the road a few years. lol! The crystal hanger made by your aunt is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann
    p.s. I am planning on mailing your give away tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post Penny!! I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas It will be great to connect with you. I just started following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks wonderful! Nice and bright! I like all the pretty decor you have around it too.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful Penny,
    I found a bunch of emails way down that I missed... Your entryway looks beautiful and I can see that it would open and brighten up the space. What paint did Mr. H. use on the metal, the handles? We have a wood front door and side lights that I'm going to paint out this Spring, but didn't know you could paint the hardware and handles, I wouldn't even know what to buy??? Your home is always so beautiful, soft and heavenly...we're still trying to get settled since moving in late last summer. I've gotten most of the first floor painted and then hit a BIG bummer... ICKY WALLPAPER in the front foyer - 2 LAYERS- 2 stories up! Can't wait until I can call this house a home...you are an inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  30. One of the things I love about reading your posts Penny is the sheer delight you take in decorating your home. It is so beautiful and you should be very proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the new look! It looks so pretty! The decor is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent.

    xo
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's a very beautiful front door. The black framed glass door outside adds to its sophistication. You seem to love pink flowers so much. All of those displays look wonderful!

    Rolf Matchen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Small improvement, but it created a big change in the ambiance of the entryway. Love the new color of the door! It’s simple yet inviting! The lovely decorations add aesthetic appeal to the entryway. Well done! -Francisco Close

    ReplyDelete
  35. The black framed door adds depth to your house because of the pastel colors that fill your house. You have a wide display for ornaments at home, and it's very pretty! But, the room looks a little cramped. Even so, I do love your decorations. :) -Sandra Ludwig

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!