Blog Archive

Monday, August 19, 2013

Treasure Island

I have a few treasures to show you on the kitchen island today.   It was a slow week end for yard sales...everyone is getting ready for school here in New Mexico.      It starts today......where did the summer go?
I found a "herd" of deer for $5.   The three white ones and the 2 brown ones on the left are felt...the others are ceramic.   The tall picture and matching mirrors were $3.   And the little rose picture in the middle was .50.

I really liked the muted color on the roses.  I think the frames would look better white...what do you think?

The vintage Home Interior picture was $3.....and the ceramic vanity set was $1, for all three pieces!

I don't know if you can tell how big that easel is, but it's pretty big!   It will be perfect for displaying larger pictures on the buffet.  It was $5.

These tiny deer are sitting on a pretty crocheted stocking that was $1.

I found  5 matching vintage plates and a...

platter that kind of matches them.....$1 each!

I didn't get a close up of the three brocade tablecloths that everything is sitting on, but it is a very pretty pattern.   There are a few small stains on one of them ..but I felt they were still worth $1 each.

  The county fair was going on last week and now school is starting.....fall can't be far behind!  Think I'll look thru some of my fall stuff this week!


  1. What dear deer! Yes white for the frames! Very pretty!

  2. Since I am new here, I enjoyed seeing your beautiful kitchen!!!


  3. Love the deer! What a great find, I am always on the lookout for deer to put in Christmas displays. Enjoyed stopping by your blog! :)

  4. I Loooooove those plates. So delicate and lady like. Thanks for sharing your story at What'd You Do This Weekend.


It makes my day to hear from my friends!