Blog Archive

Monday, July 18, 2016

Weekend Treasure Hunt


The island looks kinda bare doesn't it....not too many treasures to be found over the week end!    We went to some yard sales on Friday and then drove to Lubbock Texas on Saturday  to go on a 62 mile long sale.


I loved the idea of making a little screen from some ceiling fan blades.....


It's a pretty simple project......wall paper your blades.....and hinge them together.     The real trick is going to be how I can make them free standing! 


My screen was $4 at this little boutique


The garage  and the building on the right were full of dusty boxed treasures.......but nothing caught my eye.....


I really liked the apple ladder that you can see in front of  the red trailer.....but it was a little pricey for me 



There were lots of little groups of vendors along the 62 mules.....plenty of food.......and tons of unique items


I have a collection of these sweet little cherubs......found 2 that I don't have for $1 each


I had  a Christmas poinsettia teapot already,   but not the sugar and creamer,  so now I have two teapots......$3 for the set


I may repurpose this bird feeder by taking out the glass cylinder and making a lantern from what's left.     The little birds and turtle are concrete (don't find concrete stuff in this area too much)


I thought this hand painted lap tray would come in handy for Ky to do her homework on.      The lady let me have it for $3.


School starts here in New Mexico in 4 weeks.........the summer is just flying by!


Where I Party......



http://betweennapsontheporch.net/






23 comments:

  1. I start back to school on Aug. 29 and the public schools start back after Labor Day...loved your photos and I am still loving the pink cabinets, smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bird feeder, and the poinsettia tea set!
    Here kids start school again on mid september.
    Love from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweet little cement birds and the poinsettia tea set. :-)

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute poinsettia tea set and I like the little screen you made. That would come in handy for hiding small appliances in my kitchen; sort of like a garage. You always do well with your finds, Penny. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a nice hand painted tray for 3 bucks! I can't imagine going to a yard sale that long. Wow, what a fun thing to do. You are always finding good things. I love the poinsettia tea set too!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is an empty counter for you...but it's the quality of what you find, not the quantity. I think the fan blade screen is idea for 'hiding' some of the unwanted...visuals. Nice catch on everything. Thanks for sharing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW and WOW! I love your finds! That poinsettia tea pot stole my heart! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot about that 62 mile long yard sale and I've always thought how much fun it would be to travel it one day. I won't of course..too far away and too old now..but it's fun to see what you found there. I loved the poinsettia set..adorable!
    You found great treasures, Penny!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat finds yet again! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your finds. Everything is perfect for your beautiful home. The cherubs are very sweet
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great finds, Penny! Love the Christmas teapot set! Thanks so much for linking up with Let's Talk Vintage~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes - very fun things!!! Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The ceiling fan screen is very creative Penny! Thanks again for joining us and sharing your links at Celebrate Your Story. I hope the coming week is one of great finds for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer is flying by for sure Penny! Love the idea of making a screen from fan blades. Vintage wallpaper is always fun! Would love to go on a 62 mile sale like this! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. We got to visit the longest yard sale in KY couple times, hubs even kept driving to see more. Didn't have much money tho, wrong time of month for us for our SS payday. I got cute single bed headbd and ftbd to make bench but ended up having to leave it when we packed up house in KY. Actually with the heat I found longest yard sale difficult to enjoy as much as should with a cranky husband and so much to look at.
    Loved all your pretties, great idea about screen made from fan blades. Would make nice backing also. Am not usually teapot lover but poinsettia pot/set is special.
    Have nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Penny,
    Great finds!! Love the screen, which by the way is a great idea for ceiling fan blades and I love the poinsetta tea set. I am still playing catch up..
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. you found some wonderful treasures my friend. I love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great finds as always!
    Happy Thoughts of Home!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You sure found some lovely treasure and that market looks like a great place to spend a whole day....or weekend ;)! I'm happy you shared your finds with us at Sweet Inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My mom bought cherubs like your for my girls. They are adorable. Thank you for sharing your finds at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 62 miles! Wow. I love the screen transformation, such a clever repurposing! Thanks for bringing this by Throwback Thursday!

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic treasures found! beautiful! Kisses! : D

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!