Blog Archive

Monday, August 29, 2016

4 Ways to Decorate with Shutters



I was so excited when I  ran across a set of 6 pink.....yes pink.....shutters at a yard sale the other day.   I didn't even have to paint them!     Shutters are so versatile.....you can use them anywhere!   Today,   I wanted to share where my shutters finally found a home.


   I put this single shutter on my dining room table to use as a table runner,  but decided to try it in the bedroom and liked it better there.


Notice something else new in the master bedroom?  

 I brought Ky's desk in from the studio and put it at the end of our bed.   


I showed you my new yard sale fireplace screen a couple of posts ago,  but here it is tweaked with one of the set of 3 shutters hinged together.   Both sets were hinged,  but I had H separate the other set to use as individual shutters. 


H also installed a new strip light under the mantel to accent the bottom part of the fireplace.   


The other 2 single shutters are being used as a back splash in the kitchen.


I have added some fall touches to the kitchen,  but that's another post...lol!


So,   here is how I used my 6 new shutters.     Oh,   I advertised 4 ways didn't I?

Here's the 4th way that you have seen many times......a back drop in the kitchen.

  I hope this post gives you some ideas of how to use your shutters!


Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!

15 comments:

  1. Your home is gorgeous! Love seeing your beautiful pictures. Congrats on finding the perfect pink shutters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    I can not believe that you found pink shutters!! Love all the ways that you displayed them especially in the fire place!! Sp pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink shutters, what a gorgeous find! You have the best ideas Penny and thanks for sharing your links with us this week at Celebrate Your Story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink shutters! Who Knew??!!! Fun find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew of so many ways to use pink shutters! *g* Thanks for sharing with us at Throwback Thursday!

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you for finding the perfect shutter. You can do so much with them and now they seem harder to find. Every way you showed them is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooow...they look phenomenal, Penny. I love it! Thanks for sharing it with #OMHGWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the different ways you have decorated with them! They fit perfectly into your beautiful home!

    Thank you so much for sharing your decorating ideas over at Waste Not Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never think of using shutters like this - but after seeing your ideas, it makes perfect sense! Thanks for joining us at #FridayFrivolity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love finding shutters. Your pink ones are delicious! :) I have a pair of narrow tall ones that I am still trying to decide what to do with them. Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute ideas with shutters! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love using shutters in my decor. Love all your ideas for using them in your home. Thank you for sharing your ideas with us at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pink accents! Thank you for sharing at #FridayFrivolity. :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!