Blog Archive

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Weekend Treasure Hunt


Isn't this hand painted window going to look pretty  when I get it hung!      I think maybe in the kitchen,  but not sure yet.     I bought several things at the yard sale when I found it and the lady  gave me a discount on all the pieces I bought.   She let me have the window for $12.


She let me have this bundle of long stemmed roses for $8     


Finding this neutral colored tree for $5 has put me in the mood to do a fall tree ......


It will look much better when I get all the chili pepper lights removed.


I found this sweet mama and baby kittens at an estate sale......


I plan to remove all the green ribbon and flowers and give them a pinkalicious makeover.....


I couldn't believe that the music box still worked on this sweet kitty and it was only .50 cents


UPDATE.......I removed all the chili peppers and my fall tree already looks better.....


Now,  for the fun part...... decorating it with pumpkins and other fall decor!


Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!



11 comments:

  1. Penny,
    LOVE that tree!! you know how I am about trees!! Can't wait to see how you decorate it!!And the window is stunning!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous, neutral tree.

    Have fun decorating it for fall ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the window you bought!! I am so excited about an upcoming estate sale here. One of the premier interior designers in the area is closing her business. The estate sale company that I frequent their sales said they had to rent a warehouse to hold all the merchandise!!!! I have gone to many of their sales and the prices are like yard sale prices. I sew and they said the fabrics are absolutely fabulous. Saving my pennies - this is going to be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the window and tree! You really can find those great pieces! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty window and I love trees. Looking forward to seeing how you decorate your tree. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the kitties I thought "I hope she removes the green and then read that it is exactly what you are going to do. I can't wait to see your finished pink kitties!
    Great finds, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the knack of finding fun and interesting things for your home. I especially love your handpainted window, beautiful!

    Do you ever have yard sales?

    Thanks Penny for stopping by to share your lovely home on the #OMHGWW this week!
    Have a lovely week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had fun this weekend!! :) Thank you for sharing and linking up at Dishing It & Digging It! We enjoy your creativity each week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...so much fun! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You find such neat stuff! Thanks for sharing at our Tips & Tricks Link Party!

    Jessica
    My Life by Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW What a great collection of treasures you found!

    Thank you for sharing them with us over at Waste Not Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!