Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Shabby Chic Brass Fan Fireplace Screen


It's time to come clean.....I didn't show you everything I bought at the yard sales over the week end!     I wanted to wait and  make sure that H could fix this piece!    Some of the fans were bent so it wouldn't fan out,  but I was willing to risk the $5  I paid for it in the hope that H could fix it.  
  


After H worked his magic on it,   the screen was in like new condition!     Then came the question.....should I paint it white?   H really likes the brass finish,  so we have decided to "live with it"  a while before we decide.


I knew that I wanted to add some shabby chic touches to it and I started by running a rag strip around the top and adding a bow at the base.


Then I hung some crystals and added some candle light to make them shine.


Here is a photo before I added the candle light......


Before....................................................................................After


See my little wicker house in the right bottom corner of the photo?    I have been working on it today and can't wait to show you the before and after!


Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!






15 comments:

  1. Very pretty, amazing what a scrap of material can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fan is identical to one I bought years ago and paid, wait, wait, $100.00!!!! for it. What a buy, lucky you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    Love the screen!! I am surprised that you did not paint it pink!! It would love nice pink but you know I am a lover of gold too!!
    Looks great, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the screen looks wonderful! I am so glad you got it to work! Thanks for sharing! Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely screen, Penny! Hope you have a great weekend <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, That is a really nice brass fire place screen. I love the shape. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The screen is perfect for you Penny. Shows off your Victorian flare. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd have been tempted to paint it white too, but if you did then it might looked washed out with the white behind and around it. What a steal for $5! Thanks for sharing on #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is gorgeous. I agree it looks best white with the ribbon on it. Love your Victorian style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would keep it in it's brass state. It's a relief from all the white you have going on there. What a great score you made with it! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Five dollars?! Oh man, what a score! I love how you styled it with the extras. It looks just amazing in your fireplace tableau.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great buy! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute fireplace screen, Penny! I like how you shabbied it up too with the rag strip. I like the brass as well. Five dollars is a bargain. Thanks for sharing with us and have a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. The candles make it and I love the brass finish! But I know whatever you do, it will look great! Thanks for sharing with #overthemoon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWWWWW...so pretty!! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!