Blog Archive

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Shabby Chic Blanket Storage Basket



I found this lidded house basket at a yard sale several months ago and it's been waiting patiently in the garage for me to give it a makeover.    I knew when I bought it that it would be perfect for blanket storage.   Now as fall approaches and the nights are getting cooler,   it's time for the makeover.


My blanket storage basket found a home at the end of the family room sofa......


My $3 yard sale basket was a plain Jane when I bought her........but with the addition of paint,  trims,  and landscaping .   she is eye candy now!


Just flip the lid and and there are plenty of lap blankets to take the evening chill off.


I covered the roof with one of the sheer drapery panels that I took down when the hallway got a makeover.


Glittery trims,  a crocheted front porch,  flower wreath for the door,  rose shrubbery under the windows,  and a bench were added to the front of my blanket basket.......


To complete the cottage look I was going for,    I  tied  ribbon to the handles......parked a bicycle on the porch  and added a rose topiary  
  As much as I love summer,   I guess that I will start adding some fall touches to the house next week......be back soon!




Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!








19 comments:

  1. Now that's a wonderful makeover!! I love how you dressed up your blanket house! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen one like that...what a find!!! Such a pretty makeover!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    LOVE it!! What a great transformation!! And a perfect accent to your Pink Lady from the previous post!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your entire home! Because of you, I found a Victorian hose wall plaque at a thrift store. I mentioned yours in my blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should be house not hose! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this, especially the "rug" at the front door. Functionality always catches my attention, as in your use for throw storage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful. Beautiful to look at and an unusual use for it. Very creative, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so fun and I love how it looks like a doll house but it's really made for storage! Awesome!
    Pinned & Tweeted!
    Thanks for sharing at the Merry Monday link party!
    We hope you can join us next week!
    Kate | TheOrganizedDream.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Penny, it's adorable! What a sweet job you made of it and it does look like a doll house. So glad you've shared it with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Penny. Gorgeous as always. I wish I had your knack for finding treasures. It looks just like a doll house. My little ones would love love love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a neat idea! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely!!!!!!
    Meeting you has been a pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love decorative things like this that double as storage! Thanks for joining us at #FridayFrivolity this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny you find the most charming treasures. You gave it the perfect makeover and it is perfect to store blankets fashionably. Thank you so much for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great idea to use this for basket storage. I really love how you updated it as well with the white paint and all the special details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Penny,
    Your post is being featured this week at No Place Like Home. Thank you for sharing with us and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable basket for blankets! I love your makeover, it is so pretty! I'd like to feature this tomorrow at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! I would not have thought to make it into a blanket basket, just lovely! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!