Blog Archive

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Doll House Makeover for Christmas


Many many  years ago,   I bought a dollhouse kit to put together and give to my mother for Christmas.    Kyleigh has played with it for years and when I saw it in the studio the other day it looked so outdated .     I decided to give it a fresh new look and use it in my Christmas decorating this year.

Before...................................................................................................After


I wanted to share how it turned out in case any of you might need some inspiration for your Christmas houses.


I knew that it HAD to have lots of bling,  but have you priced faux diamonds by the yard......$12 to $24 per yard.    WOW......no way could I afford to put that much money into the makeover.


I substituted bling by the roll for $5.    It was so easy to use and I was able to cut the exact width that I needed too!


I only used about half of the roll,  so you'll see more bling on my future projects!

Before.......................................................After


I also used lots of other trims.....all purchased at Hobby Lobby....half price of course


Now I need to makeover the inside of it


Wait til you see it again.....all decked out for Christmas!



Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!











21 comments:

  1. Penny,
    OMG!! It turned out beautifully!! LOVE IT! You used so much imagination on this and it is just perfect!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET!! I'm loving it. I took out an old house to decorate like you did. Can't wait. Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brand new HL just opened here on Monday! So delighted!!! Love your houses... working on some small ceramic ones I collected over the summer. The days are just flying by!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless....you imagination amaze me everytime! Gorgeous transformation!!!
    HUgs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently rehabed my mothers large dollhouse that she won in the 1930's. It was a surprise for her. It was quite worn out having served 2 generations. Turned out beautiful and is permenantly on display in my family room. She was SO surprised and amazed at the transformation. Has been telling every one she knows and goes to sleep smiling each night at the pleasure I brought her and her childhood memories. So worth the untold hours of loving work put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I bet you have bling on your toilet paper or roses, LOL. Fun stuff, grins, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out very sweet! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job........such a stunning lil house.....love it.
    Love the colors you did it in too.
    Merry Christmas....lol
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This house is beautiful, Penny! I hope you have a great Halloween :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't make Pink Saturday but I thought I'd stop by and I just LOVE your updated dollhouse! Very inspiring! Is that the Buttercup?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a transformation! The house is just lovely with the new colors and trim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out so lovely!! the blingy trim reminds me of Christmas lights - I love it! Thanks for linking up with Merry Monday this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So ultra feminine and pretty. You must have an amazing collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing makeover, it looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking this up on the Homesteader Hop!
    My daughter would just lose her mind over this doll house. Will have to bookmark this for a project when she is a wee bit older. Just beautiful x
    Kirstee@ThisWholeHome

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great transformation. I can't wait to see it decked out inside for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this I am getting ready to change my doll house from a Halloween haunted to Christmas. I am playing with ideas like a Santa's work shop or a candy shop or maybe just Christmas decorations. Thank for the wonderful ideas.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved your house; with those pastel colors, have you decorated it for Easter? A rabbit family would love living there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I simply love this before and after.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!