Blog Archive

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Farmhouse Style Dining Room


I had the wedding tablescape here in the dining room ,   but it had to go to the church for the wedding tomorrow.

  It looked pretty bare in the dining room so I threw together a quick tablescape this afternoon.


I propped  a farm scene Christmas picture in the window underneath the existing leaded glass piece.


Then I filled the table below with some lit houses that I picked up at a yard sale this past summer for $3 each.


I filled in some of the spaces with pine cone "trees"  as well as some vintage look trees.


I added some frosted greenery around the village houses.


I created a simple centerpiece for the table by filling a chicken feeder with sheep and tree ornaments.


I strung some fairy lights that I had on hand.....they are headed to the wedding centerpiece in the morning.


I placed a few more sheep around the outside of my chicken feeder.....


Then I set the table with my go to.....paper plates!


I used my holiday sheep napkins and plaid place mats to finish up the place setting. 


We took most of the stuff for the wedding down to the church yesterday afternoon because it was supposed to be cold today.....and it sure is!    A high of 26 is all we're going to see today.


Tomorrow is going to be about 45 degrees for the wedding and then we're back to normal on Saturday....in the 60's!



10 comments:

  1. You are a wonder woman! So pretty and so back to the farm. Love this, Thanks for the inspirations AGAIN, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sheep! I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sheep theme of your wonderful tablescape
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks festive! Those sheep napkins are adorable!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely Penny, love the sheep. You have inspired me to get all Christmas on my table and I have brought a beautiful new dinner set. I will be busy tomorrow now I have made my mine up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So festive! My dining table is full of craft stuff at the moment, but this makes me want to decorate my table now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    Once again, I am playing catch up. I am hosting 2 parties here this week. One tomorrow for about 7-8 people and a family party on Sunday for about 18-20!! I baked 7 batches of cookies over the past 2 days!!
    Love the lit village back ground with the house in front of it!! Stunning!! You would love all the farmhouse things that Country Folk had. I will be posting about Country Folk the week after Christmas.....

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so gorgeous! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so festive! Wishing you a happy holiday season Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This wonderful post is a HOME feature as part of "You're the STAR" blog hop! : http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2017/01/youre-star-week.html
    Thank you & please link up your most recent posts to the January Linky Party.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!