Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Winter Wonderland


It's just a few days til Christmas and I haven't shared the Winter Wonderland that I created on one of the walls in the entry.....I'm really running behind this year.    The main reason that I am behind is because I haven't had my best helper....H!    I've really missed all his help....get well soon honey!


I love the way white,  silver,   and gold make such an elegant vignette,   don't you?


I hung a padded poster board in the front of the mirror and pinned a white rose wreath to it.     


I hung a big lace bow and some silver garland above the rose wreath.    


I added battery operated fairy lights over the lace and silver garland.


Below the wreath is a tall Santa dressed in a winter white suit.


Santa is surrounded a family of white squirrels.......mama and two babies.....


And of course Daddy squirrel has the biggest bushiest tail of all!


You may remember my almost life size brass deer that I bought at the auction last year......I keep him out year round.


I am working on a post to share the vignette to the right of my Winter Wonderland.....


That post will also have a tour of the Christmas entry way!

  Merry Christmas!


9 comments:

  1. A very happy entrance you've created... welcomed me right in...a very merry to you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, as all the other rooms in your home. Hope your hubby is doing better. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope the wedding was as lovely as I imagined. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, your winter wonderland is a beautiful way to welcome visitors to your home. How clever to use the board on the mirror. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vibrancy of your home! Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    So beautiful and very elegant!! I love those fairy lights, don't you???? I was off for the last 3 nights and that ade it easy for me with Christmas eve and day dinners. I go to work tonight and then 2 more nights but then O am off for 4 days until New Year's Day night...
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that H is feeling better!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just wonderful! So lovely!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Olya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty! I especially love the family of white squirrels! Thank you for sharing your winter wonderland at Tuesdays with a Twist LINKY PARTY! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful winter wonderland Penny! I hope your hubby is feeling better. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is so lovely, it's a winter wonderland and more. Congratulations on making this ever so beautiful decor and thank you for sharing. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!