Blog Archive

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Spring Topiary



The porch is always so dirty after winter is over and H has been busy cleaning.   Our porch is pretty large so he cleans it in sections.   As he gets a section clean,   I get to do the fun part.....decorating it for spring!

This is the section right next to the front door.

   I started my spring decorating in this section by creating a large topiary.    This thing is as tall as me....about 5' 5"......lol!


I don't remember where I got these long spring branches because I've had them for years.  

    I spaced the branches around the rim of my container  and then tied  them about 18" down from the top with some lavender lace.     


I didn't go all the way around the rim  with my spring branches because I wanted to create a little nest  in the container.  


I have filled the nest with some large lavender eggs and lavender carrots.


Next to the topiary is a buffet that H created last summer by marrying several furniture pieces.   


On the buffet,   I have a basket of lavender carrots.......


a metal container filled with lavender lace and another large egg......


Behind the basket is a screen of fan blades that have been covered with wallpaper.    


The next section is a wicker settee that I repurposed yesterday,,,,,here is the link to that post if you missed it .....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/02/repurposed-wicker-settee.html


The cute bunny couple belonged to my mother and they always show up somewhere each spring in one of my vignettes....love them!



20 comments:

  1. Dreamy! I fell in love with the lavender lace, such romantic!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lavender and your eggs and carrots look so pretty. Everything is so beautiful. I would be out there all day.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling lavender this spring too. I have a topiary that needs the Penny treatment. Thanks for sharing at Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much beauty! I'm encouraged that one day spring will come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ¡qué bonito! ¡me encanta!

    Besos 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look at these pictures and they're so pretty and inviting. But we live in serious rattlesnake country and last year was horrible with people finding them curled up everywhere! So I'll just settle for looking at pretty pictures since I'm a chicken in real life and fear what I might find if there was very much around our porch and door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Penny!! I still can't really think of Spring yet even though we had some recording breaking high temps. Then a cold front moved in and we actually had a tornado touch down about 5 minutes up the road from us!! It was an F2 tornado and it caused a lot of damage..... We have had some of our best snow storms in March so I will wait a bit for Spring decorating. We did take down all of the Winter decorations on the front porch on one of those nice days. Good thing because I think they would have blown away...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Debbie, I love your ability to add so many different treasures and create a whole picture. It's like walking into Aladdin's cave and not knowing where to start looking. LOvely

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a topiary on the porch! Yours looks so spring-y . . . ready for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your front porch looks like it will be the sweetest welcoming place! Thank you for sharing it with "Let's Talk Vintage!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your bunnies! You are all ready for Easter and I haven't even started!! Thank you for joining us at Create and Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww...I love how this looks! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all your spring and Easter touches of the porch Penny. Thank you for sharing at 'Create, Bake, Grow & Gather' this week.Pinned to my party board. Hugs - Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to have a big porch like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving the lavender touches! So beautiful Penny! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Penny. You have so many beautiful things, it really is stunning. Can you tell me how your store the off season decor? Do you have a good system? I would really love to know. My decor is all stuffed in shelves in a storage room and I need more room and much much more decor.

    Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AS ALWAYS, PENNY, I LOVE YOUR DECORATING IDEAS!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omgosh, I love your porch display. It's such a soft vintage feeling with the mix of lace and lavendar.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!