Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Easter Wreath


I created several Easter tablescapes in the family dining area over the last couple of weeks and decided to use the MacKenzie Childs style theme for our family's Easter dinner.  
Once the decision was made,  I set in and decorated the rest of the dining area in the same theme.   I shared the buffet in an earlier post,  and now I wanted to share the built in cabinet.


I hung the wreath that I made last year on the front of the cabinet.....


The only change I made to the existing wreath was to add a black and white checked bow.     I added a couple of plates that match the one's on the tablescape to the existing decor in the cabinet.


I have the table set for four,  but will clear off some of the bunnies & stuff and add two more places at each end of the table for our Easter dinner.


I have some bunnies on the ledge in front of the china cabinet......an egg garland,  some candle sticks,  and more black and white plates.


I found these cute bunnies at Michael's.....


I added a bow and crystal around their neck to dress them up a little for Easter.


Instead of candles,  I added eggs to my candle sticks.....


I found this candle stick at a yard sale several years ago,  but sadly it only had three arms.   I use it when I want a candle stick to sit close to the wall.,  or cabinet in this case.


Another yard sale candle stick.   


I bought my egg garland last year,  but I noticed that Hobby Lobby is stocking it again this year.


Here's a little peek at the tablescape,   but if you want a closer look,  click on this link......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/03/mackenzie-childs-style-tablescape.html


This is the buffet and a link to that post if you want a closer look......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/03/mackenzie-childs-style-easter-buffet.html

Have a Blessed Easter!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Penny!
    Your Easter decor is a great mix of romantic and country. I love having the eggs replace the candlesticks - such a cute idea!
    Best,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    Beautiful and elegant!! I love the touches of gold!! I am so glad to see that gold is coming back in style but it never went out of style in my house!! LOL!! And I just adore the black and white checked ribbon. I have to find some of that for my Kitchen!! Thanks for sharing all you talents with us!! I always love seeing what you are up to, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented, dear Penny. Your decors amaze me everytime. Everything is just gorgeous
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a pleasure to come visit your blog! Simply lovely!
    Drop by if you can.

    Happy Pink Saturday and Chippy White Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful dining room! I love the touches of gold. Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I love to come and see what you have done for the upcoming holiday! Just plain beautiful. I never fail to admire your talent for putting a beautiful and interesting room together. So..how are you? All is well out here in California! Nice and cool right now..a threat of rain but it's mostly just a threat.
    Now I am off to take an even CLOSER look at your decor! :) (I always look twice..and even a third time!) Don't want to miss a single thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure have a wall full of cabinets! Lovely ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea to put the eggs in the candles sticks, I love that Penny. You have so many beautiful things and you always come up with such amazing ways to display them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful displays, Penny!! Love the eggs resting on the candelabras--inspired idea :) Thanks for linking up your posts with us at Vintage Charm--it's a joy having you--

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I have some Russian Pyzanky eggs I like to display atop candlesticks, too. Thanks for sharing with Awesome Life Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny.........Do you have elves running around 24-7 to change your home, I cannot imagine the time involved to change each season. I love your Easter post, amazing hings to check out. THe candle holders with eggs is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Easter decor, Penny. Your wreath is beautiful. This was the Most Clicked from last week's Snickerdoodle Party. All of the co-hosts will be featuring it at today's party. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Precious. I love the cute bunnies from Michaels and the black and white check.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!