Blog Archive

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring Sheep


A more appropriate name for my post might  be Springs and Sheep since I mixed some small springs in with my sheep vignette!


I started my vignette with one of my favorite pictures....The Lord is my Shepherd.
   When I placed my sheep on the field in front of the picture,   they seemed "lost"in the field and kept falling over.   Their little legs didn't seem to be able to hold up their bodies because of the uneveness of the moss.     I had a piece of small spring on the island that I had bought over the week end at a yard sale.....spring....sheep....maybe the two could be married to solve the problem....lol!    I tucked the sheep with the smallest legs into the springs and they were able to stand in the field.


My vignette is on the desk that is right inside the entry way door.    For another small vignette in the entry,  I added a mama and baby sheep to my vintage standing ash tray.


I placed a piece of fence to my vignette to mimic the fence in the picture and placed a small tree in front of the picture.   I put a bronze candleabra at the end of the picture. and hung a tag on it.


The Lord is my Shepherd


This finishes up the entry decor for Spring and Easter.......


This is Spring break week here and we have plans to spend some extra time with our Grands.....we have some fun things planned!

18 comments:

  1. Penny, as always your home is amazing but this little vignette is especially perfect and sweet! I love how you pulled elements out of the picture like the fence... I mean you just literally created a "foreground scene" of that beautiful picture! I also love the secretary desk you have... I've got a very similar one that I've been trying unsuccessfully to sell, so I might just have to keep it! Thank you for sharing your lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!!!! Love those sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lamb & sheep vignette with the artwork. Perfect for Lent. Psalm 23 was one of the readings in church yesterday, March 26. The little scene that you created is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is wonderful, as always! Love all the sheep in your displays, especially the spring idea for holding up the sheep. Hahaha.....I just cannot get enough of your vignettes. I go back and look at them over and over again because I always see something I missed before! Enjoy your day with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Penny, I love your sheep vignette. You have a flare for pulling things together. You have more spring decorations in your entry then I have in my entire house. Thanks for sharing your creative displays. Joyous Wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Penny. This is so very pretty. I like the sheep vignette with the moss, but I love it when its put together with the art work behind it. This is lovely as usual. Really lovely. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this very inventive way to keep the lambs standing. The spring looks like its ment to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny,
    Love the picture and the sheep are darling!! The use of the springs is just genius!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Hugs,Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my God, Penny....everything looks perfect indeed! Love each and every one of them..

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is super cute Penny! I like the springs in there, unexpected but it works. Really fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet sheep display! You have a great attention to detail, and I especially love how you added the fence on the outside to tie it in with the picture. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to display all those adorble sheep, and that picture is the perfect background.
    Lovely.......
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This has to be the cutest vignette! I love how you have used the rusty springs! So sweet. You put everything together so beautifully!

    Thank you so much for sharing your Spring Sheep with us over at Waste Not Wednesday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Lambs and sheep are just so well put together Penny - it just all works !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your vignette of sheep. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at the Waste Not Wednesday Link Party. I hope to see more from you each week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Spring Sheep vignette. I collect sheep and lambs but my collection is much smaller than yours. Pinning! Thank you for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!