Blog Archive

Monday, March 27, 2017

Sunny Yellow Easter Tablescape


I  gathered up all the yellow Easter decor I had and created a Sunny Yellow Easter tablescape.....and of course I had to add a touch or two of pink!


We had lunch in the formal dinning room a few days ago....and now again.    We don't use this dining table very often and now twice in less than a week....whaaatt?


My centerpiece started with a big container of Rose Begonia's.   Normally I would set them in a fancier container,   but they are headed back out to the greenhouse after lunch,  so I didn't bother this time.    Then I started circle-ing the pot with my Sunny Easter decor.


Two of the place settings are set with these pretty yellow paper plates from Joann's.....


And as we go around the Rose Begonia pot.....


The other two place settings are set with a pink ironstone charger and cute bunny plates  (Home Goods)   I used my everyday silver ware,   my go to monogrammed linen napkins,  and my mothers yellow water glasses.    


I've had this bunny on a chick for years....


My bunny tea pot is a yard sale find several years ago.....and I've had the Easter greetings plate so long I don't remember where it came from!


I tried to distract your eye from my ugly plastic pot by leaning a hand painted tin plate against it....did it work!


The other end of the table has a similar grouping of plates and a tea pot.
   

I've seen these cute shelf sitters in this years decor and couldn't resist picking one up.   But where's a chick to sit when there's no shelf?   On a stack of napkins!


I almost forgot to show you my fuzzy yellow chick!


I also added some chick pillows to the two side chairs,  but you can't get a very good look at them....


See it peeking thru the two chairs at the table?





13 comments:

  1. Your tablescape is bright, cheerful, and spring-y! We don't use our formal dining room very often, either. I keep thinking I should make more of an effort to use it. I always enjoy meals with guests in the dining room. Your table settings look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUper cheerful and lovely, Penny...I love to see all those brights colors and characters! I want my bunny too..cheers from NYC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, I've been under the weather for two weeks, so I am looking forward to setting some cheer soon in a few Spring tables capes. Yours are always gorgeous and never the least bit stuffy, which means it's fun! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I a so ready for some spring cheer around here but haven't found any yet. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    Love this colorful tablescape that just screams Spring and Easter. Very pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tablescape is cheerful. I like the touches of yellow and pink.
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOO Cute and I love all the fun dishes and decorations. So much to look at and so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cheerful and fun! Meals at your house must be a delight with so many fun things to look at.
    PS I am in love with your fuzzy yellow chick!
    Thanks for sharing at My Busy Beehive's #beeparty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Penny and so lovely for Easter! Thanks for sharing at Brag About It! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful details Penny! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and I hope you’re having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful!!Love your colorful and romantic tablescape!Hugs,Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dr table has been covered 2 feet high in crocheted bird nest bases, filler, flowers, feathers, eggs, gee gaws to put in the nests, beads, pearls, rubber stamps, linen, etc... on Saturday my fav thrift had store wide half off and I was able to get some lovely hat boxes to help sort these items, store them yet keep them at my finger tips. Now maybe I can get my table lovely for Easter as well. I always enjoy what you are doing on the other side of the country and your posts are joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is just gorgeous Penny you really know how to pull that vintage look together

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!