Blog Archive

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Travel Themed Decor in the Family Room


I have been busy packing away Easter this week and today I cleared off the piano and continued the travel theme in the family room  that I started yesterday on the fireplace mantel,


I also cleared off the end table between the love seat and wicker chaise lounge and created a fun spring/summer vignette on it.


I thought a lamp would look nice on the table,  but I wanted something that didn't put off any light since it would be directly in front of my view of the TV and put off a lot of glare.    I had a pretty lamp base out in the studio that didn't have any 'works" left in it as I had intended to make a bird bath out of it for the yard.   By marrying the two,  it created a fun one of a kind lamp!


I put a bird and nest in front of my lamp and may make another one to put on top of the shade later.


Since a camera is something you always take with you when you travel,  I included some of my vintage camera's in the vignette I created on the piano.


I also added a Atlas of maps .....

I have a hand painted ceiling tile in the center of the piano mantel with two hand painted ceramic tiles on each side and a vintage camera in the front.


I used my old Brownie camera as a pedestal for a china sugar dish.....


And this vintage camera serves as the pedestal for the matching creamer.


Here's a close up of the map.....


If you missed my post with all the details on the fireplace travel themed mantel,   here is a link to it......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/04/maps-on-mantel.html

I hope to get the centerpiece for the coffee table finished tomorro!

21 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Love what you did with a lamp. The cameras are the perfect touch!! The painted tiles are stunning!!
    Hugs,Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely travel theme, the cameras are wonderful!!!
    Thank you for sharing on Friday Features this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, Everything is so special. Where do you store all your lovely things as you change them out. Thanks for sharing. Joyous Wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your place is always so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cameras are perfect for your decors. The travel theme is so lovely
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love the "skeleton" lamp shade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the marriage of the lamp and birdbath--so incredibly brilliant! My kids would destroy my house if it was anything as dreamy as yours. I will simply adore yours from far away. <3 Thanks for linking up to Friday Frenzy-you're SO inspiring. I pinned this as well!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely and feminine Penny. I adore the way you used your vintage cameras as pedestals to display that gorgeous china. So clever

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very beautiful! It looks airy and light -- just the spot I'd like to be on a summer day when it's a little too warm and humid to be outside. Lovely!
    ~jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your decor. I imagine that you have a nice smell of roses to go with that themed room.
    xoxo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your home/style, Penny! Do you make house calls? I am in desperate need of a little decor advice...

    Visiting from Link it Up Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home is lovely and I just love those vintage dishes. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always really liked the travel theme! Great touches Penny! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely setting, so much to see and I love what you have done with the lamp, it is so sweet!!!
    Thank you for sharing on the Oh my Heartsie Girls WW this week, I appreciate your visit!!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful as always Penny! Love all the little travel touches throughout your home!

    Thank you for sharing your decor with us over at Waste Not Wednesday! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how lovely your rooms also look. Love the way you used the camera.
    Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon party.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous setting that just shouts "springtime!!!" :) Thanks so much for sharing it at the Farmhouse Friday Link Party! Pinned and shared! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the vintage camera and how you used it to hold the creamer. The flowers and setting make me scream Spring Is Here! Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the vintage cameras. Such pretty displays. Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the travel theme, and what a wonderful, welcoming room! I just want to get a cup of tea, sit on the sofa, read about interesting places to visit and plan my next trip! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful post with us at Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The lamp looks amazing and I am fascinated with the gorgeous things in you home I could spend all day in the room looking at the details

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!