Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Styling a Fall Vignette


When you are creating a vignette,   how many times do you switch things around before you are happy with your creation?


Well,  in my case it would be many,  many,  many times.....lol!


I didn't start taking pictures until I had moved these pumpkins around several times,  so you will be spared that...lol!     But,  I finally decided to stack them.    One reason I stacked them was that the stem on the pink pumpkin had been crushed and actually had broke off.      I thought about gluing it back on,  but it would still look crushed.  

I love the new colors and textures on the pumpkins that are available now,   don't you!     I have a hard time finding pink pumpkins and I just stumbled on to this one while I was shopping at Sprouts.     I was in there picking up some purple sweet potato's .......I'll let you know how those taste in another post. 


I moved that little greenery bush on the left side of my goat several times.     


I moved it to the right side of the goat .......


Then I moved it to the right side of my pumpkin stack.


Where do you like it the best?


Then I started trying my goat family in several places.    First I had them in the silverware part of my metal dish drainer....


Then,  I moved the Daddy down in front of the goat picture.........


Which do you like better.......Daddy in or out?


Then I moved him clear down to the other end of the vignette.     See why I never have to dust anything,    I handle them til they're clean....lol!


Then,   I moved him back with his family and put a baby boo pumpkin in his place.


Here's where the little pumpkin in a dish came from.....


Now,    I think I have my fall vignette just the way I want it.......


Unless I change my mind again!














13 comments:

  1. Beautiful decorations... Looking so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I have ever seen a goat family!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with Your shabby pumpkins
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up at the Friday Frenzy Link Party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    You made me laugh as I am just like you!! I have been decorating the Dining Room for Halloween and with getting rid of my village, I have been setting up my new display on the buffet.... I m sure you can imagine just how long it took me to get it looking the way I liked it.... Then there were other areas in the Dining Room where I changed things up..... Needless to say, my niece Lynn inherited 3 boxes of decorations tha I could simply ot find room for or I replaced with new stuff!!!! And that does not could the Halloween village going to my other niece!!!LOL!!!! Love your display no mater which way you have it!! I is just goreous and I love the use of the sink drainer for display!! Clever!! Wish I had more counters pace so I could do the same!!
    Hugs,
    Db

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again! Jeez! You must think that I do not know how to spell!!! LOL!! I am sitting out on the front porch enjoying a nice cool breeze......
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to arranging and rearranging until a vignette is "just right!" Thanks for sharing @ Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutest little goat family and they look great there in your dish drainer! If I did that, it would just look like goats in a dish drainer...LOL. You know what I mean, I hope. The goat picture is pretty too. I know what you mean about fiddling & fiddling till everything is just right. And sometimes, it's never "just right" b/c I give up...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beauty and treasures. Thanks so much for sharing all of this with us at Waste Not Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Penny, I do that too. All the time. I hope daddy goats goes to visit his family in the metal dish drainer every now and again ;-) Your fall vignette does look lovely though, no matter where daddy goat is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet, Penny! I just love this look. Thanks so much for sharing at the What to do Weekends party!
    Happy Weekend!
    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shabby decor is always so lovely Penny. Thank you for sharing at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. Have pinned to our party board.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!