Blog Archive

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Wood Slice Christmas Cake


Making this wood slice Christmas cake was such a fun and easy project.......


My wood cake slices remind me of chocolate or gingerbread ......the fluffy icing is made with round pieces of crochet and pillow stuffing.    

The top of the cake is decorated with crochet  icing and snow fluff......a metal house.......and a mama and baby deer.     I have a bottle brush tree that you will notice later in the post that I traded out for a different one.    Let me know which tree you like the best!






I have a baby deer on the back side of the top layer of the cake.





I used  white faux fur as my table runner.






The table is set for a small dinner party......


I went all paper for the place settings...............


The dinner plate,   salad plate,  and deer napkin are all paper.    


I used crystal glasses to dress up my tablescape......


The addition of cloth napkins and gold flatware also give the table an elegant look.....despite the fact that I am using paper plates for an easy clean up.






You can see the pile of presents in front of the china cabinet that H and I finally got wrapped this morning.    H was sweet enough to help with with the wrapping,   but I am on my own to put the bows on!
 









13 comments:

  1. Your cake is fabulous! You're so creative using the pillow stuffing and vintage doilies for the layers. The entire table looks beautiful, I always enjoy seeing your newest vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea Penny, you are one creative person. Thank you for the bright ideas you give us all year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    OMG!!! You never cease to amaze me my friend!! Love what you did to create this wood slice cake!!! Amazing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative idea and a fun centerpiece for any Christmas table. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now THAT is great! i really had to do a double take when i saw the words "wood slice."
    b

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake is the bomb...
    Storage not a problem...
    Dismantle it....
    You go girlfriend...
    Merry Christmas to you and H....
    Diy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake is really cute. It makes it seem like there are always fresh baked goodies waiting to greet you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny, that "cake" is just adorable! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The layer cake is such a wonderful effect! Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous creative idea!! Looks so pretty on your table with all of your other beautiful Christmas goodies!

    Thank you so much for sharing your cake with us over at Waste Not Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny, you are incredibly talented. This is so pretty and unique. Thanks for sharing your creative work.
    Merry, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you could eat it up too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny, your cake is an incredibly original idea and it turned out so well. It is so very pretty. https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!