Blog Archive

Monday, April 23, 2018

Farmhouse Kitchen Tour



I've been in the process of giving the kitchen a fresh late spring look.     I've shared  pictures of my progress here and there,   but haven't shown you the whole kitchen yet. 
    I shopped the house to give the kitchen it's fresh look,    the only new thing is the wooden Farmhouse Sweet Farmhouse  sign over the stove.


This is where  we pour our first cup of coffee in the morning.


I have some morning inspiration to read as we pour our coffee.     


Next to the coffee pot is a serene farm scene.........


The ovens are next to the coffee area..........then a big pink cupboard that houses the micowave and tons of other stuff......then the refrigerator.

There's a little nook by the side of the refrigerator that I have decorated with a vintage milk can,   shutters,   and an chippy twin foot board piece hung on the wall.     You can see into the entry on the right side of the nook.


On the side of the refrigerator,   I have a cloth covered piece that I've hung metal letters that spell our Farm and a sweet pig on the floor.


This is a photo of the kitchen from the pass thru that is between the kitchen and the family dining area.


I have lots of clutter on the kitchen counters ,   but the island is always kept clutter free because we do all the meal prep on it.


On the counter to the left of the stove is a long chicken feeder that I have filled with greenery.


In the corner,    I have the drawers from a vintage sewing machine.    


And now,   the last section of counter in the kitchen.


On this counter,   I have a chicken wire tiered stand,   ceramic roosters,  a hand painted ceiling tile,  a stack of dishes with a fern,  and a metal pail filled with tulips.


The herb garden is in the window.......


The pass thru and finally a curio cabinet next to the opening into the family room


The kitchen is really the heart of our home. 

    I hope you enjoyed the tour and will come back to visit soon!




18 comments:

  1. Love it! I love looking at all the details..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitchen, especially the pink coffee pot!Where did you that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. all I can say is- breathtaking!! So many delightful and joyful things to make you smile.... and the pink coffeepot-wow! Gotta share home with hubby who is a purist with wood and wants/needs manly around so we compromise:) Which would not include a pink coffeepot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny your kitchen is lovely! I would love one as big as yours. One question: Is there a cover of some sort on top of your stove? Also, aren't you afraid the lace on the range hood might catch fire when you are cooking? Or maybe your burners are flat and that isn't a concern. Just curious!

    I especially like your old-fashioned Hoosier cabinet next to the pass-through. I had one once but my kitchen is too small to have it there so I gave it to my daughter. I always remember my grandmother fixing food on hers, especially rolling out her sugar cookies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, fresh and clean and a great Spring look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, Your chandelier in the kitchen is superb, and those rose cupboard door handles. What a lovely spring themed kitchen you have. The rose plates are gorgeous, too.
    Jesse from Simply Neutrals Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Please come and visit our blogs at Simply Neutrals Tuesday sometimes, too, as we have displayed beautiful things, too :)
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the gorgeous tour. You always inspire me a lot
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very pretty. I love how you've combined country with Victorian (the flowers and doilies remind me of Victorian times). You've done a lovely job! From Blogger's Pitstop

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love those rose cabinet and drawer pulls! Thanks for sharing at The Blogger's Pit Stop! Looking forward to seeing what you link up next week! Roseann from This Autoimmune Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those cute lil' pink stools!!! Thanks for sharing on Friday Frenzy! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cabinet knobs. I have Mary Engelbreit knobs on one side of my kitchen and sunflower knobs on the other, My kitchen is tiny so this works for me. You decorate so beautifully. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy visiting your site. The thing that I love most is how much fun you seem to be having with your home...that's right up my alley :) We all need to be enjoying ourselves and being creative is great. Love that little cow with boots and the cows print.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny,
    I am playing catch up again!! Your Kitchen has so many delightful treasures!! So pretty and perfect for Spring!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!