Blog Archive

Monday, April 9, 2018

Sneak Peek at the inside of Our Happy Place


I'm not ready to reveal the entire makeover that is taking place in Our Happy Place,   but I can't wait any longer to share a little sneak peek!     
Here is the yard from the inside of the Happy Place.......


It's really greening up in the back yard. 
  But,  enough of looking out,    you want to look around  INSIDE!


The Happy Place also doubles as a greenhouse in early spring.      The plants are all outside now,   so I won't need to use the potting bench again.     The potting bench looked really bare with all the plants gone,    so I created a vignette on it.

I hung a rag flag in front of the window.     I made my flag last year by ripping a yard sale sheet into strips and weaving the pieces thru the vintage baby crib springs.


I hung some metal bird houses on my flag.......can you see a theme starting to develope yet?


Then I printed a sweet bird banner........


You can find the bird banner here.........https://dansmonbocal.com/2015/05/26/guirlande-aux-petits-oiseaux/?epik=0jZg-E_IW3-p1   
I glued my bird banner to pennants from my Pinterest board.......https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/print-it/banners/


You can barely see the chandeliers  that are hung in the Happy Place.......


Here's a little closer look......


I have two chandys hung in the Happy Place.     They are both filled with real bird nests.


I have collected bird nests for years.......


We have lots of birds in our yard that make nests in the trees.     The wind blows them out sometimes and we find them on the ground.        If you find nests on the ground,   be sure to fumigate them before you bring  them in to use in your decorating.


I also used a couple of real nests in the vignette on the potting bench.


I filled the nests with some small porcelain hummingbirds.


I put a real nest on each side of the potting bench......


I also put some faux nests in my vignette.     I bought them the other day at Kirklands...........75% off.


I tucked in some bird houses too.


Now do you see my theme for the Happy Place?      


There are more changes to come.......


I am adding some additional seating ...........


Both benches are made from vintage head and foot boards.......


Inside looking out.........
   

Outside looking in!

27 comments:

  1. wow! That IS a happy place! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely place to sit and enjoy company or reading or listening to music or birds, or even just napping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see your entries at Simply Neutral Tuesdays :) I really like the chandelier! Very pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so beautiful. I can not wait for the full reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little "house"! I'd love one of these in my back yard. I've collected some bird nests but I've never fumigated them. How do you do that?

    I love all your bird houses, too. Especially the galvanized tin one. Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks lovely as always. Can't wait to see the finished greenhouse redo. Would you please share how you fumigate your found bird nests? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Penny this is amazing! I have to admit I'm a little envious. It is perfect! I don't know how you do it but you have the touch. I hope you enjoy it for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, I drool whenever I see your girly floral dream house. Your beautiful spring colors make us believe there will finally be a spring and summer this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your recycling ideas - the old beds into benches, so clever. It all looks such fun to do, and so great for Spring. What a gorgeous Happy Place!
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your birdy decor. The banner is wonderful -- thanks for the link! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny,
    I just adore what you did with the chandy and the bird nests!! So sweet!!! Everything looks lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny, I'm also interested to know (as Judy posted above) what steps you take to fumigate the nests? Thank you for such a beautiful post - everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me want to take over my husband's shed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your happy place, wish I had one #thought"full"thursday@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a such sweet little house! Love the metal bird houses and the banner
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. The chandeliers and the real bird nests make this wee house so glamorous and at the same time warm and inviting. What happy place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your happy place makes me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A little piece of heaven you created here Penny! Thank you for sharing at Simply Neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun! Thank you for sharing your happy place at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My greenhouse is JUST getting started. I'm quasi jealous of your happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So, so cute.Thanks for linking up to our Keep In Touch party.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the birds nests and birds. The chandeliers, who would have thought of birds nest there too. So creative.
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop will feature your post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing. This would definitely be my happy place too. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Waste Not Wednesday link party. Can't wait to see what you're up to this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. JudyApril 10, 2018 at 11:08 PM
    Everything looks lovely as always. Can't wait to see the finished greenhouse redo. Would you please share how you fumigate your found bird nests? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!