Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Farmhouse Mantel Gets a Patriotic Banner


 With Memorial Day just a few weeks away,     I decided to add a Patriotic banner to the existing Farmhouse mantel in the family room.   


I created a banner using a pennant printable that I will share with you at the end of my post.


This was such an easy project that only took about 30 minutes to complete.!
   I printed my pennant then glued a rose circle in the center.    I tied my pennants together with lace ........and it was ready to hang!


So many times,   the red,  white,  and blue banner printables have really bright colors.   


The muted colors in my banner go with my decor much better than the bright colors that are more readily available.    I had to look long and hard for this one......and I'm excited to share it with you.


I did add a couple of new things to my mantle.
 

I found this sweet calf at Pier 1 the other day sitting on the 75% off shelf......


And I couldn't leave this little pig behind ....could I?
 

The fireplace looks ready for Memorial Day........4th of July......and even Labor Day!
 

I found my FREE Stars and Strips Gone Wild printable  here.........https://wingsofwhimsy.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/stars-n-stripes-gone-wild/
Don't forget to tell Gunnvor that I sent you!    She has pastel Stars and Stripes available too!

I'm sorry that I don't have the link to the round rose print that I glued to the center of  my pennant.     It was in my stash,  and I don't remember where I got it.    There are plenty of round prints available on Pinterest so it shouldn't be hard to find one you like.


Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog.....come back soon!

8 comments:

  1. The calf and pig are adorable No I wouldn't have left the pig behind Love the mantel I love everything about your home.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous banner! You are very talented
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the muted banner. Goes to show does always have to be bright. Found you on Over The Moon Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    Beautiful banner and perfect for the SUmmer Patirotic Holidays!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun banner! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and fun printable. It is adorable and perfect for the patriotic holidays that are coming. That pig is too cute. Thanks for linking up to Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!