Blog Archive

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Summer Mantel



I started in the bedroom this morning changing the mantels from spring to summer.    I also need to change the family room mantel and the formal dining room mantel from spring to summer.......but,   that's another day!


I don't do a complete change out on the mantel every time and for the bedroom mantel I left a lot of the existing decor and just added to it.


I took down the spring banner and replaced it with  a pretty summer one that has a touch of a Patriotic theme..


I printed a summer banner and backed it with a black and white stars and stripes pennant.     I tied all the banner pieces together with black and white buffalo check fabric strips.


I used a free banner printable from here.......http://thecottagemarket.com/2018/05/complete-free-printable-floral-banner-set.html


The black and white stars and strips pennant came from here........https://wingsofwhimsy.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/stars-n-stripes-gone-wild/


Andrea at the Cottage Market makes it so easy for you to create a custom banner.     The one I used has a complete set of letters so you can spell out whatever you want.


Now for a look at the mantel.......


I left all the existing wall decor in place,   but changed out the mantel a little bit.


I found a white enamel scale at Hobby Lobby the other day .......


I put my new scale in the center of the mantel and filled it with a small pickup and some floral accents......


I also replaced the bunny picture that I had on the right side of the mantel.....


The bunny was replaced with a black and white cow print......


I put away the bunny pillow that I had in the center of my bed......
   

The bunny was also replaced with a black and white cow........


The cow pillow cover can be found here.........https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077QPYQGZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


I found my Welcome and Closed sign at Michaels a while back,   but I noted that Hobby Lobby has the same one only smaller in stock now.

Well,   the bedroom is good to go now until it's time to decorate it for fall!

6 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Love the banner with the addition of the black and white stars ans stripes!! And the scale is darling!! So pretty!! Your bedroom looks beautiful!! I hope to paint my bedroom furniture this Summer...if it ever stops raining!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again...loving the cow pillow...I just never get enough of your farm animals! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous decors! You are unique
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mantel update! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always such talent you put into your home!!
    Thank you for sharing your post on Oh My Heartsie Girls WW last week!
    This week it is being featured, hope you will stop by and share again!!
    It has also been Pinned to Pinterest!!
    Now wishing you a great week ahead!!
    Karren~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black and white. You have the best banners. Thanks for linking to Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!