Blog Archive

Friday, July 20, 2018

Summer Tablescape


I have the family room dining table set for a small dinner party.     I used lots of blue and white to create my tablescape.....and a few touches of pink...lol!


I sometimes shop the house and gather pieces to use in my tablescapes.......


The centerpiece I used in my tablescape was "borrowed" from the coffee table in the family room.    If you look close,   you can see that the centerpiece is constructed in a vintage  metal milk jug holder.


My appetizer for dinner is a shrimp salad,   so I have some bowls in my centerpiece to serve it in.


At each place setting,   I have blue stemware for water and pink for wine.


The place settings are all the same.


The dinner plates are on a white enamel charger.................


Here's the marking on the back of the dinner plates.


I found the place mats at Hobby Lobby in the 75% of isle and the napkin rings are a recent yard sale purchase......6 for $1.50.


I hung a blue Fair ribbon on the existing pom pom wreath...........
 

I bought a sack of fair ribbons at the Milk House Market barn sale a couple of weeks ago.     The sack had lots of pretty colored ribbons and was $4 for all of them.     I think I may make a wreath using them......the County Fair is just around the corner.


I also borrowed another arrangement from the family room.......it's the blue enamel roasting pan under the window.


It's filled with velvet mushrooms,   moss,   and greenery.


What am I serving as the entree for dinner?     Chicken Fried Rice!


I like to have everything precooked so all I have to do is assemble it right before we sit down to eat.     I usually have more chicken in my fried rice,    but we are having shrimp salad  and also crab rangoon.


My secrets to really good fried rice are...... plenty of butter...... toasted sesame oil......and using cold day old rice.
  

Bon Appetit!


7 comments:

  1. Love your use of the pink and blue together with the enamel chargers. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this room and the menu. I like the idea of shopping your own home for items to decorate. So happy to have found you on the link party! I am subscribing to your blog. Happy Summer, Kippi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun dinner party. I love seeing the old Currier and Ives settings. We had these at my parent's cottage when I was a kid. Sadly, I think they left them, when they sold the cottage. Very pretty and shrimp and chicken...sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome summer tablescape! I love how you used the blue roasting pan filled with velvet mushrooms, makes me wish I kept mine, enamel pan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table Penny, love the soft blue glasses too. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your entire tablescape, but those handmade mushroom are soooo cute!!
    Thank you for sharing on ->#OMHGWW Linky Party
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    Love the blue in this lovely tablescape!! I have the same dishes but in green!! All very pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!