Blog Archive

Monday, August 13, 2018

Week End Treasure Hunt



I normally share the treasures I found over the week end on the kitchen island where the lighting is so good to take my photo;s .......but today  I am taking  it outside!     The lighting outside  is perfect for getting great photo's and plus......the treasures are all rusty and crusty and I didn't want them on the kitchen counter.


The vintage wicker settee in front of the greenhouse was a great place to set my stuff on so that's where I sat up my "photo shoot"


I bought this old plow with the thought of designing a floral wreath on the metal wheel and putting it on the mantel on the faux fireplace on the deck.


$5.00 for my rusty plow


The sweet potato vine is taking over the flower bed in front of the greenhouse!


This is the third ice cream freezer that I've found this summer at yard sales......it is also the cheapest one I've found


The metal wheel from a vintage  wheel barrow must have see a lot of action hauling concrete.     At only $1,   I'm sure I'll find some use for it


I bought 4 of these rusty drawer pulls,   but can't find the 4th one.       It must have slipped under the seat or something in the car.      Surely it will show up!  


And my last treasure is a multi purpose tool.      


After I took my yard sale photo's,      I took a stroll around the yard........


The knock out roses are beginning to bloom again.......


The asparagus ferns that hang on each side of the green house are also in bloom!
 

The wrought iron chair planters are almost completely covered with the plants that I put in the seat.


The two coleus plants were originally hanging baskets......they look more like ground cover now....lol!


The mint plants have filled in the grocery cart nicely.....


The strawberry plants are still blooming.......


Everything in the back yard  is in bloom.....including the chive plants


The biggest burst of late summer color is from the flocks though.......     

 Til next time......


10 comments:

  1. Your yard is so lush and green despite the horrid hot temps. Love potato vine...ours is just beginning to creep---great finds. Love the tool----looks more than handy. Wonder if you can clean it up and actually use it! Have a great week, Sanid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such Wonderful finds. Love the old garden tools; that old vintage wheel, Awesome. I love them old wheels.
    Them vintage wheels are great for decorating for the holidays. For Christmas; a few lights and some greenery along with a few extra touches makes for a pretty display outside. They are great decorating for any holiday really, even hanging / securing a grapevine wreath on or a green wreath @ Christmas time. Adding small lights adds just a little extra something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard looks lovely, but my favorite is the rusty plow and wheel. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful spot you've created for yourself there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely garden and so filled with growth! I am looking forward to seeing how you use the treasures acquired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds and such a lovely place to show them off! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a lovely garden Penny, it makes me wish so much harder that Summer was here already in South Africa. Our lawns are all brown and dusty, but the first few Spring flowers have started lowering. So Summer can't be too far off. Love your finds too. I'm keen to see how the plow wreath turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yard is gorgeous. I love seeing late summer blooms. Great rusty finds. Thanks for linking to Keep in Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny,
    I am playing catch up again.... You always find the most interesting things and I have to admit that here in NEPA, I have never come across any items like this!!! I am sure you will work your magic with them...... And I can not wait to see what you do with them....
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!