Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Faux Pumpkins with real Stems for my Fall Mantel


I would never be able to lift a huge pumpkin like this one up and place it on the mantel!     


Much less,    three of them!


So,   I use plastic pumpkins and hot glue a real pumpkin stem on the top to give them a more realistic look. 

   I have been saving the stems off my real pumpkins before I throw them away for years!     Once the stems  have dried,  they will last for years and years.


I took the photo's of my fall mantel starting on the left side,    so that's the order I put them in my blog post.


I have a tall white pumpkin on each end of the mantel ..........gold apples add some glam to the mantel.


I filled in around the pumpkins with preserved eucalyptus and silk flowers


The garland is made using dried materials.......


Next on the mantel is a crystal bowl on a gold pedestal........silver candle stick with a baby boo on the top instead of a candle.       In the crystal bowl I have a pumpkin I made using excelsior and a real pumpkin stem.      I have a close up of my pumpkin further down the mantel. 


The centerpiece of my fall vignette is a big pink pumpkin.      Hanging  behind it is a swag made with dried corn husks.


The right side of the mantel is pretty much  just like the left side........


Here's a close up of my "rustic" excelsior pumpkin.


At this end is the twin to the white pumpkin you saw on the other end.


You can see the dried garland a little better in this photo.......it has bundles of wheat,   cotton bolls,    and other dried material strung together.


I hope you will find some inspiration on my post to create a gorgeous fall vignette for your fall mantel.


Til next time..........





14 comments:

  1. Love all the Fall decor. I really like how you use real pumpkin stems on the plastic pumpkins. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use real stems on my fabric pumpkins. Very pretty.

      Delete
  2. I've been saving real stems for years. So hard to get and they add so much. Pretty display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and inspirational, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm back. Your white and pink pumpkins are really nice. Love them!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantel is beautiful! I love the real stems on the faux pumpkins! Here from The Creative Circle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pink pumpkin is so romantic. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful room - real stems on the faux pumpkins is a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these,Penny! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Pretty! I love the idea of being able to reuse them year after year! And light weight--can't go wrong with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve been saving stems too and I use them for fabric pumpkins. Thanks for linking to Keep in Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the way you decorate Penny. I probably sound like a broken record already :D but you really do have such a distinctive style. Those pumpkins are fabulous with their real stalks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fall decor is beautiful! I love the pumpkins. Thanks for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny,
    Love this sweet mantle!! I really like how you used the crystal dishes with the gold bases... So elegant!! And the garland is lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!