Blog Archive

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Pink Mum Flower Pouch for my Front Door




I couldn't wait to show you guys the flower pouch I found for the front door.      They were available in white and yellow too,   but  of course I picked a pink one!


I just love it......it's such  a nice change from my normal  fall faux flower wreath.


The mum's are planted in a thick black plastic pouch  with a hanger at the top.      


My mum pouch is full of blooms and lots of buds for future flowers.       The pouch can also be laid on it's back to make a gorgeous centerpiece  to use in a fall tablescape.



$13.95.......what a buy!   
 I found it at Sutherland's  Home Improvement Center in Amarillo Texas.


I tucked in some ribbon and  cotton bolls just to add some different textures to my mum pouch.






H built the piece of furniture that sits next to the front door.      He married a  vintage dresser bottom to a empty mirror frame  .......and I'm not sure what else he put on it....lol! 


I have a sweet grey mouse and her white duck to meet you at the door........


I picked up two buckets of mum's that match the flower pouch while I was at Sutherland's.     The big pots of mum's were only $3.50 each.     Sutherland's is my go to place when I need inexpensive flowers for the yard. 


Our drive is lined with Bradford pear trees,    so I clipped a few small limbs to set my pears on.


These pears won't be on the porch long before they are all EATEN......





Til Next Time.......

8 comments:

  1. Hi Penny! I've seen petunia pouches before, but never a mum pouch - I have to say I adore it! Your sweet mouse on the furniture piece is adorable. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    What a cleaver idea. I love mums they last so long and really give a lift when everything is dying from Summer. I love that pink too and I am not a pink person. I have a sister that would love this too and she is a big pink fan. You give me great ideas to use the little nick nacks I have and love and wouldn't part with. We sure wouldn't be paying those reasonable prices for flowers here in Colorado. Thank you for sharing and making my day.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, I can't believe the prices on the mums you bought, especially the pouch. I wouldn't expect to find anything that large--the pots, too--for those low prices up here in Michigan.

    It all looks spectacular and your porch is a feast for the eyes. The mums are one of my favorite shades of pink. My dear mom was a pink gal, too. She even had a pink kitchen sink and oven and I think a gas cook top, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, I can't believe the prices on the mums you bought, especially the pouch. I wouldn't expect to find anything that large--the pots, too--for those low prices up here in Michigan.

    It all looks spectacular and your porch is a feast for the eyes. The mums are one of my favorite shades of pink. My dear mom was a pink gal, too. She even had a pink kitchen sink and oven and I think a gas cook top, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    I thought my Tri colored mums were not bad at $6.99 a pot but $3.50 each is amazing! Joe paid $3.00 for the small mums I wanted at Lowes and they are about a quarter the size of yours... I do bags with impatiens for the Summer but I never heard of mum bags! Beautiful and of course, it would be pink!!! I would not expect it to be any other color but pink!! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen one but it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!