Blog Archive

Monday, October 1, 2018

Week End Treasure Hunt


Welcome October! 
   The weather is still so mild here in Eastern New Mexico that it's hard to believe it's October already!     This year is just flying by.....


Easter in October?   
Unlike shopping in the stores,   shopping at a yard sale knows no season!     I was so excited to find a milk glass basket to match the one I already have.       


I bought these items at the same sale and the gentleman running the sale let me have them all for $8 instead of the $10.50 price they were marked.


I bought these two pieces of silver at the same estate sale.    It was half price Saturday,   so the tray was $6.25 and the tea pot was $12.50


Can't pass up a white enamel tea pot for 50 cents......or 2 white platters for 50 cents each.


Boy,    does that silver platter need a good cleaning!

Til Next time.......

7 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous Penny, you always find the best things at the sales! I don't have that luck! That silver tray is going to clean up beautiful, will you show us when it's done!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have hardly hit any sales this year. I need to do like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    The bunny is darling!! And that white enamel tea pot for 50 cents was a steal!! The silver tray is gorgeous! What do you use to clean your silver??
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find so many wonderful things. I love the bunny! Give her a tiny pumpkin! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your finds were great, but as a milk glass lover, I had to smile when I saw the Fenton hobnail basket. It is great year round for all kinds of displays! I got a small one today at GW to go with a larger one I have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pretty milk glass basket and the silver too! Thanks for sharing your treasures at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coffee pot is lovely. The platters are a great deal. I've been garage saleing too. It's fun. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!