Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Playing with Brass Candle Sticks


I try to keep up with the latest decorating trends.     I only pick the trends that I like......I don't use anything in my decor just because it's trending.......I have to like it..
     
  I've noticed that brass is trending now and I've always liked the warmth of brass,   especially in the fall and winter.     So,   I dug out the brass that I've had packed away since the 90's  and played with it!


I plan to add some small touches of brass around the room later,   but for now I'm just  playing with my candlesticks.


When I unpacked my brass candlesticks,   it was like seeing old friends.    I didn't realize how much I had missed them! 

  The  candlestick in the front.....on the right......is not brass,   but I wanted a 5 piece vignette so it's filling in for now....lol!  


I don't know why I picked this sunny window to play with my candle sticks......it is so hard to photograph with all the light.
 
 Hope you'll forgive all the glare!


I decided to use some of my faux battery operated candles......I don't want to create a fire hazard!   

I just want to create a pretty vignette!


I placed  faux birch candles on my candle sticks and put a white rose wreath under them......and there is my first vignette.


For my next vignette,    I unscrewed one of the tall candles sticks to make two pieces for a total of 6.    A couple of the other ones will unscrew too,   but I'm not going to do that this time.


Here is my second vignette......


I used white faux battery operated candles this time and I tied a pink and cream stripped ribbon around 3 of my candles.


I added 3 matching bows to my white rose wreath.      This close up of the ribbon shows that in addition to pink and cream,   there are gold flecks in the ribbon too.!


Plain.............................................................Birch candles.....................................................White candles


Now I need to add some small brass items to the corner unit........ and also to the tablescape that I'm working on.

Til next time.....



8 comments:

  1. Hi Penny,

    I really love those candlesticks and in front of those windows they just glow. It's really very pretty and so calming. Thank you for sharing.

    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    I too love brass but I never put my brass away!! I love the warmth and elegance of it and you have your candlesticks displayed in the perfect place....in front of that window!! So pretty!! Well, I think I have finally gotten all caught up on your posts and I am so embarrassed because I can not believe how many I missed... What was I thinking!!!! Please forgive me!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too put my brass away but never got rid of it thinking that it would come back into favor. Slowly I started to bring my brass back out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that window!!!!!!!!! I love the brass with the birch and maybe some soft pink pillars would be good. I love the stained glass in the window it adds so much to the view. I love the roses and the striped bows. How about some twigs with the birch candles. You give me so much to think about. I would love to be home decorating and enjoying a home like yours. I used to do that, but I work full time and just don't seem to find the time to decorate. Thank you for making my day and I feel like I am at home viewing your comfy home.
    Love your ideas.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Penny, I like your brass candle sticks -- fit perfectly with fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your thoughts on the trends. Your candlestick arrangement is lovely. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dug mine out too recently. It's taken a while but brass is back. I like them with the ribbons. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!