Blog Archive

Friday, November 30, 2018

Christmas in the Southwest


Since I live in the Southwest,   New Mexico to be exact,     I thought it would be fun to fill my window frames in the hallway with prints of  Christmas in the southwest.      These are just prints that I found on Pinterest and printed on my home printer.


I also wanted to share the flat Christmas wreath that I found at TJ Maxx.      


A flat wreath isn't easy to find and I love how it doesn't stick out into the hallway.


Okay,   enough about the flat wreath!      Let's look at my pic's of a Christmas in the Southwest


Everyone needs a pair of boots here in the southwest........


Here in the southwest,    even the farm animals get dressed up for Christmas


Boots are commonly used as containers for a fun Christmas arrangement......


We decorate the fences and barns.........


The Christmas cactus are just as common as poinsettia's


New Mexico is know as the  "Land of Enchantment"  and it is especially enchanting here at Christmas time.....


Christmas cactus,   red berries,  and poinsettia's look so pretty grouped together


This picture depicts Christmas in the Southwest perfectly!


I hope you enjoyed you trip down Christmas lane here in the Southwest!


9 comments:

  1. Your window gallery is beautiful. I love the pictures of the horses. Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Penny, I love the horse picture and the window. The horses take me back to my childhood as we always had horses.
    Thanks for always sharing such wonderful decorations. Ok. where's the barn? I am waiting for it to appear decorated.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your "tour." My daughter and granddaughter love horses so I appreciated those pictures. Hey, don't knock the flat wreathe. Here in Maine, a flat wreathe is GREAT hanging on a door because it lets the storm door close tightly (so the wind doesn't catch it and pull the screws to the door closer out of the doorframe; ask me how I learned this!!! (Hint: the answer to this question is ALWAYS, "The hard way." I always enjoy your posts. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely window with all the great awe inspired vintage looking cards. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the southwest.. love your window art

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wreath is darling! Thanks for sharing your southwest Christmas at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    I love how you displayed your love for where you live !! The pictures that you put in the frame are so unique to your area and I enjoyed seeing them as they are so different form what you would see here. I really like that flat wreath.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!