Blog Archive

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Christmas Tree Inspiration


Some of you may have already decorated your Christmas tree and some of you may be waiting until after Thanksgiving OR some of you are still looking for some inspiration to get started.     Well,   you've come to the right place if you need a little inspiration!


For the last 40 years,    I have visited Holland Gardens in Lubbock Texas to get some Christmas spirit.   


I don't know how many fully decorated tree's,  but I'm sure it's in the 100's.


They also have lots of tree's that you can purchase.......


Of course,   the pink one is my favorite.


Each tree has a theme........

and all the decorations on each tree are for sale.      


I don't know if I've ever seen a Christmas tree with an octopus theme,    but there's a first time for everything!


In addition to all the tree's,    Holland's has stuffed and animated Christmas decor ........


Bows........anything you could want to use in your Christmas decorating 


I noticed that there seemed to be more tree's done in purple this season.......
 

Purple and aqua are not colors I have seen used together,   but I liked the combination.   


Christmas in the 50's.....love the little girl sticking out her tongue.


I'll let the pictures do the talking for a while.......










I realize this post is long,   but I wanted to give you guys as much inspiration as possible!


Holland's sells seasonal ornaments year round,   

   I just realized that I didn't get any photo's of the Mark Roberts Christmas ornaments,   sorry!


Spooky.........


Really spooky....lol!


Hollands has the most beautiful nativities I have every seen......the reason for the season!

Til next time.......

8 comments:

  1. WOW!! So many trees!! I think I would feel overwhelmed. lol Someone else can have the octopus tree...lol..I'll pass on that one!
    Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Penny.. Just stunning! I loved every minute of your post! What a fabulous place to visit.. Maybe I will make it there sometime! Thanks for the inspiration! Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the pink tree is perfection! The nativities are beautiful and so unique. Thanks for always making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this ! I will be in Lubbock in a few days and will make time to go see this! You are amazing ! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    Thanks for the tour. I will ask my niece if they visit Hollands as they live in Lubbock.
    There is a chandelier hanging lamp in one of your pictures that I would love to have for my bedroom. It is so lovely.
    You are always so thoughtful when you travel.
    Yes, I did see the little girl with her tongue out. It is cute and funny. It brings back memories of childhood.
    Keep on bringing us the bling as I love it. It transports me to another life in a fairy tail.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the Christmas tree inspiration Penny...but you have to tell me if you took the pink tree home with you? LOL
    Thank you for linking to our Celebrate Your Story Link Party...your posts are amazing.
    Kari @ Me and My Captain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny!
    What a feast for the eyes!! Absolutely beautiful!!! Now that is my kind of store!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous!!! So many beautiful trees and so much inspiration! If I had time and space, I would love to have multiple trees in our home! Have a great one! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!