Blog Archive

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Ornament Wreaths



When decorating our home for Christmas,    wreaths are the first thing I think of to use.   


I made these twin ornament wreaths last year to hang over the sofa in the family room.       They found a new spot this year over the faux fireplace in the master bedroom.       I thought about separating them and hanging one in the entry and one in the center of the fireplace here in the master bedroom.      But in the end,    I decided  they should remain together for the holidays.


I filled the mantel with ceramic Christmas houses that I made a couple of years ago.     


In between the Christmas houses,     I have some Santa's I bought years ago at Dillard's       a couple of metal cars,   and two Thomas Kinkade  Santa's.


Nested in between the wreaths,      I've hung an old world Santa picture.


On each side of the fireplace,    I have a flocked Christmas tree.


Instead of sitting them on a table,    I sat them on a stack of storage boxes.      


My storage boxes hold Christmas goodies during the year,     and at Christmas I fill them with the everyday decor that has to be stored until Christmas is over.


I hung some blingy ornaments across the mantel scarf.      I bought these ornaments several years ago in the clearance isle at At Home.


Now I need to finish decorating the rest of the master bedroom for Christmas!


I'll be back soon with a tour of the master bedroom decorated for Christmas........til next time.....


7 comments:

  1. Miss Penny, your posts are always amazing! I LOVE the color combination of those wreath! So beautiful and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    What a beautiful frosty Christmas scene. Oh, my how you can decorate. I feel like snow is falling in these pictures.
    Thanks.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Penny, the wreaths are so beautiful that you made. I love the way you decorated the mantel! The color scheme in pastel colors make it all looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG these are wonderful!!!

    Feel free to pin your beautiful holiday photos of your home
    & decorations to our Christmas Light Tour Linky Party!!
    Pinning open from now until January 2nd!

    http://christmaslightstour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have chosen your post to be featured on Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Feature Special Holiday Party. It will also be featured on Pinterest and Instagram, you will be able to find it at either #omhgww or ohmyheartsiegirl
    Please stop by and share other posts so everyone can enjoy!!
    Hope you enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your beautiful wreaths so very festive. The colors are so pretty and pastel makes the season so soft thanks for shring
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    Those wreaths are amazing and I think keeping them together definitely gave you more bang for your buck!! The mantle is stunning! And once again , I love those trees flanking the fireplace!! Lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!