Blog Archive

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Chicken Wire Decor / Love it or Hate it


I am really loving the Farmhouse look,    so it goes without saying that I love chicken wire decor
.


I was creating a spring wall grouping on the wall behind the sofa in the family room and  I kept having the same problem   Everywhere I wanted to hang something,   it was right where a glass window pane was on the vintage door I have on that wall.    I asked H if he could hang some chicken wire over the doors behind the sofa and it was no sooner said than he had it done!     Gotta love that guy!


I was limited to hanging stuff only on the little strips of wood that hold the glass panes in as you can see in the first photo     

Now,   I can hang wherever I want to!


   I used clothes pins to clip my wall art to the chicken wire.    


I can easily tie a ribbon thru a picture hanger and use the ribbon to attach my wall art to the chicken wire.      H used a staple gun to attach to chicken wire to the door,    so it is really secure.     I wouldn't hang a really heavy piece of art,    but I think this will work for most of the ones I will be using.


The prints I am using today are from a calendar ........


I remember when I was a little girl and my grandma  couldn't wait for the calendars to come in the mail from all the business's they bought farm supplies from.     Calendars are the first thing I remember seeing on walls!


These prints are so fun.......


Spring with a touch of Easter!


I have chicken wire lights on each side of the sofa.......


In the center of the wall,    I hung a chicken wire heart


I ordered some green and cream buffalo check square pillow covers from Amazon and I found two oblong pillows at TJ  Maxx over the week end that match pretty close.   The Amazon covers were 2 for $13 and the  TJ Maxx pillows were $10 each.    Pillows are such a budget friendly way to add color to a rooml


I have a spring vignette on the table that sits on each end of the sofa.


In addition to my favorite color.....PINK.......I am using a lot of green in my decorating this season.


Here's the vignette on the other end of the sofa.     Aren't these chicks the cutest thing ever!    They came from Stein Mart.      I did not receive any compensation from the merchants I bought everything from,     I just liked them and thought you guys might want to know where they came from.


I need to add a few spring touches to the built in display cabinet in the family room and then I will give you a tour.


I enjoy your visits so much,   please come back soon!












14 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the way you style it up! I get such inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, I love the chicks with rabbit ears. The room is very Spring like and I do like it. Thanks for sharing where you have found things. It helps to know where I might also find like things.
    Thanks.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a great deal on the pillow covers they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the chicken wire décor. It is very "farmhouse". Those chicks are adorable. Love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chicken theme. You are always so inventive
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chicken wire!! The prints you clipped to them are Adorable! And I totally want those pillow covers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used chicken wire and screen doors extensively when I had a shop or did shows. Easy peasy displays and a great look besides! Funs stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE chicken wire! It has become my decorating go to for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, Penny! Glad to see you are still glamming it up with your country style! I love chicken wire too. :) Saw you on the Simple Homestead hop and wanted to say hi again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love chicken wire projects! Thanks for sharing your lovely spring decor at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That chicken wire heart is so beautiful!

    www.paperandvine.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy so much you have done with chicken wire, I love the big heart wreath too! I love the green check pillows, nice for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those chicks are adorable! I love chicken wire. So cute, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny,
    First of all, Happy Easter , my friend!!!
    Secondly, can you ever forgive me for staying away so long????? I have no idea what happened!! I have looked at your posts but apparently must have gotten called away or something and did not comment!! I will be doing that now on the posts I missed..Love the idea of using chicken wire to hang things on and I especially love the idea of using calendars.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!