Blog Archive

Sunday, March 17, 2019

The Domino Effect of Spring Cleaning


I only move furniture out to clean under it a couple of times a year.     Once in the spring and again in the fall to get it ready for holiday entertaining.    Sometimes when I have the furniture pulled out,    I start thinking about how it would look somewhere else.       And that's when the Domino effect takes over....lol!


The first piece of furniture that started the whole thing was the display cabinet on the right side of the fireplace in the family room.     While it was moved away from the wall  to clean under it,     I got to thinking about how many years it had been in that same place.........maybe a fresh look would be nice for the family room.     So,   the cabinet found a new home in the formal dining room.        


Couldn't leave the one on the other side of the fireplace there now....could I?


So,  that display cabinet found a new home in the formal dining room on the opposite wall from the other one,   

  I'll be back soon with photo's of  the "replacements"  that are on each side of the fireplace.


As I do my spring cleaning,    I also freshen up the decor as I go.     I put a different centerpiece on the dining room table,   and some roosters on the display piece from the family room.


I put my wood slice cake on the silverware chest and put my swans under it.


The buffet has new wall decor and new decor on the top of it.


I normally keep 2 leaves in the Duncan Phyfe table,   but I decided to add the other 3 and make it more like a Farmhouse table.


With all the leaves in it ,    it is just a little over 10 feet long.


Here's the fresh new spring look for the formal dining room on this end .........


Now I need to freshen up the fireplace and spring clean the other end of the dining room.   

I enjoy your visits so much,    please come back soon!

9 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the domino effect! I love the way you extended your Duncan Phyfe table to make it more like a long farmhouse table. It's certainly looking very springy in your home!

    www.paperandvine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see the before and afters. I have a passion to move furniture. It tells me that I have cleaned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so beautiful Penny! Enjoy your day and week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Penny, I like how you move furniture around and it makes everything look new again.
    I do love your dinning room table. It has interesting legs that I have not seen before, their orientation with the cross bar underneath. I have one similar, but the legs are different and I love it.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful home.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Penny, I like how you move furniture around and it makes everything look new again.
    I do love your dinning room table. It has interesting legs that I have not seen before, their orientation with the cross bar underneath. I have one similar, but the legs are different and I love it.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful home.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table looks perfect like that. Actually I love everything and the jar with roses is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which is why I don't like moving anything! LOL Seriously I do move things around too. The Captain says he needs to always turn the light on so he doesn't trip over a new furniture arrangement. LOL
    Thanks again for linking up with our Celebrate Your Story Link Party. Hugs'
    Kari @ Me and My Captain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know just what you mean--my DIY projects tend to domino like that! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny,
    I can't believe that you Dining room table extends to 10 feet which is the size of my Dining Room!!!! I laughed when you called it the Domino effect...I call it the snow Ball effect or "The Might As Well" effect!! The Dining Room looks lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!