Blog Archive

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Lemons & Patriotic decor on the Summer Porch


I have been decorating the yard in a Patriotic theme for summer,   but I've added a twist to the front porch by adding lemons into the mix.


I started my porch decor by making a wreath for the front door.


I took a wreath that I made a couple of years ago and moved a few flowers around,   took out some flowers,  and added some Patriotic decor and a few lemon branches.


I have a fun farmhouse pickup hanging in the middle of my wreath.     I stuck a cluster of lemons on the tailgate to add a touch of whimsy......


I wove a blue ribbon with white stars thru my wreath.......


I tied a bow at the bottom of the wreath with the tails from my ribbon and then added a cluster of lemon branches.


Then,   I turned my attention to the wall to the right of the front door


I sat a Patriotic rooster on the top shelf along with a spray of flowers and a green vintage lemon juicer.   

 On the second shelf,    I put two striped pillows that my mother made over 20 years ago and another vintage juicer.   

 On the ground next to the cart is a olive bucket filled with field flowers and flags.


I've played with a few things on the piece of furniture on the other side of the front door,    but I'm not sure how much of that I really like so you may see some changes there next time I share the rest of the porch.


I hung a lemon Welcome sign next to the door and put an umbrella in the vintage ice cream freezer.


I hope I can finish my Patriotic porch by the 4th of July.....lol!


I always enjoy your visits so much,    please come back soon!


8 comments:

  1. Your porch is so cute and looks perfect for kicking off summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous indeed! I love the red white and blue décor! Looks so fresh and beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day! Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely! I wish I had a porch like that! I need to make a patriotic wreath soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    Love the wreath and the farm truck in the center is just darling!! Your porch is so charming..
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely patriotic wreath at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a festive and inviting porch! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You imagination and creativity is quite amazing, my friend! So glad you shared at our first Tuesday Turn About! We are blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny, your decor is amazing! Thank you for sharing! You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's bash: http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/make-it-pretty-monday-week-295/ Hope to see you again at the party! Have a great week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!