Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Farmhouse Birdhouse


I wanted to freshen up a corner of the porch that hasn't been touched in a couple of years.        I wanted to keep the same birdhouse theme that I had going on,   but I wanted to give it a Farmhouse feel too!


I left the porch post in place since it's screwed to the wood deck and the bird cage stand is also screwed to the porch so it stayed too.   


  We had some pretty bad winds here in Eastern New Mexico this past winter and some of the birdhouses I had in another area sadly didn't make it.     So,  I took down the 2 wood birdhouses on the post and the one hanging on the bird cage stand and gave them a new home....more about that in another post.   


I put a metal barn on the shelf where the 2 wood birdhouses had been.     I added some excelsior to the barn to give the birds a hint that maybe they should build a nest there.....lol!


I hung a shabby rag garland  on the porch post.......


I love to make garlands while I'm watching TV at night.     I use yard sale sheets to make them   so they are very budget friendly. 


There was a little metal vase screwed to the porch post that I filled with white faux sun flowers.


I moved the birdcage that I had hung in the bird cage stand to another area of the yard,    but I didn't need the stand.    I thought a touch of whimsy was needed,   so I hung a metal tire on it  


I made a nest in the tire and tied a green bow to the top of the stand.     The nest already has a bird in it.....hehe......not a real one though! .    




I always enjoy your visits so much,   please come back soon!


10 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Love the birdhouse!! I love your use of the metal barn....
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Penny. I hope some birds find that place and build a nest there. That would be really fun to see.
    Hope you have a great afternoon. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty update! I love that birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, You make me laugh when you do your funny little things like putting a bird in the bird nest. I do like the tin tire and tin house. I like all the fun whimsical things you use. It's great to not take ones self so serious and enjoy life like you do and Mr H.
    Where did Spring go? Wow, we are just getting a little Spring now here in Northern Colorado. Winter lasted forever, yuk! I wish you could see my bright yellow Irises that look like a fancy party dress in my cobalt blue vase. The down petals on the Irises have a paint brush splash of white down the petal and the edges are ruffly. Oh, I do love flowers. I said when I get to Heaven I want to work in the Lord's garden for eternity.
    Take care and enjoy your beautiful home. It is so nice to stop by.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks sooo good 🤗 I just love your house. your bench seat is Awesome, never Sean anything like that in Australia, wish I could thou, as I would have one in a flash. Thanks for your lovely updates it warms me up inside, as we are in winter now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that metal tire, Penny! What a fun atmosphere you've created! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love birds and have lots of feeders in our backyard. I guess it's time to get a birdhouse too. Love this so much and thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your pretty porch at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is adorable. I saw a metal barn on clearance after Christmas. I should have grabbed it. I love the tire with the bird.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!