Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Sprucing up the Porch with Summer Sale Decor



I have been sprucing up the front porch with some of the great deals on decor I have found at the end of summer sales.


I am always excited when my friend Liz has her big summer sale at the Milk House Market in Friona Texas.    There is always a line clear into the parking lot of ladies wanting to get in to shop before things are picked over.  so my daughter & I drove over early.   There was already about 50 ladies waiting for the shop to open....lol!   

  I picked up the chicken wire cloche that is part of my farmhouse tablescape.


I had been eyeing this plant scale for quite a while and was glad to see it was still there when I finally got in the shop......

Wish I had taken a before photo,   but I couldn't wait to get it hung and filled with flowers.


I have the farmhouse table decorated for a get together later.    I am serving cocktails and appetizers on the porch before we head out to the restaurant for dinner with friends.    






I'm sure you are aware of the big 75% off sale that Hobby Lobby has going on now......


The Farmhouse rules sign came from there and the water tank / vase did too.


I had a different rooster in this vignette the last time you saw it,   but I needed the metal one for my tablescape,    So,   I borrowed the concrete rooster that was on the back porch to put in it's place.




The grey metal rooster on this end of the table was 50% off at Hobby Lobby.......


The big white sunflowers were 50% off at At Home.


The cow pillow was 75% off at Hobby Lobby ....and so was the Rooster one you saw earlier.


The white enamel water spout / bowl that is filled with greenery was 75% of at Hobby Lobby.     And last but not least is the chicken wire cloche that was free!    H used a piece of left over chicken wire from another project to make me a couple of cloches for my tablescape.    


I always enjoy your visits so much,    please come back again soon!





12 comments:

  1. Love your porch...it's like a nice comfy room. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Penny, You have so many cute things. I loveeeeeeeeeeee the water tower. It is so cute and I have never seen a mini one. Thanks for the tip on Hobby Lobby's sale. Isn't it fun to explore and find all these cute things.
    Thanks.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heading to Hobby Lobby. Thanks Penny! Love......

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful area!! It just makes me feel peaceful without even being there!! I'd love to do my porch with this style. :) Thank you for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some great deals,Penny! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch is beautiful. I love the black and white. Really a nice place. Thanks for the notice of the sales. First thing in the morning I am going to Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place to sit, relax, and chat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    Love the scale and the front porch sign! I would love one of those signs for my front porch!! And the black and white is strikingly pretty!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your porch looks fabulous! I love the big white flowers, the wreath, and the birdcage. Everything is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! It gives a feeling of airiness.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!